What to do with dust INSDIE lens??

Status
Not open for further replies.

exhibitj

Sep 25, 2005
Singapore NE
www.flickr.com
How do we get rid of dust inside a zoom lens?

My 18-70mm Nikkor has some dust inside...thinking of ways to rid the dust, short of sending it to NRC for service. Any ideas anyone???:dunno:

It's common for zoom lens to have dust in them.
Each time you zoom air/dust gets sucked into it.
If it doesn't affect your images save the time and money, and live with it.
Unless its a very serious case.
You may want to send it for servicing but after some time dust will get into it again.
Imagine how many times you have to go through that process in a year.

West_ray said:
if it doesnt affect ur pics, just ignore it.
Agree... Cos if you send it for servicing, it may not be as sharp as before... ;) I kenna before :(

jeremyftk said:
Agree... Cos if you send it for servicing, it may not be as sharp as before... ;) I kenna before :(

...:think:

JediForce4ever said:
when they clean they have to remove the elements..then alignment off liao..uness you go for recalibration....

wow, didnt know they did that....Thanks all for your suggestions!

JediForce4ever said:
when they clean they have to remove the elements..then alignment off liao..uness you go for recalibration....

wow.. but does recalibration need $$? if not send service spend money, recalibration spend money.. can request do all at once?

nokin 05D said:
wow.. but does recalibration need $$? if not send service spend money, recalibration spend money.. can request do all at once?
yep..but its not advisable to recalibrate your lens too much, probably once in two years.
the solution to this problem is to buy lens with internal zooming, and focussing:angel:

JediForce4ever said:
yep..but its not advisable to recalibrate your lens too much, probably once in two years.
the solution to this problem is to buy lens with internal zooming, and focussing:angel:
Haha... In other words, L lens...

Status
Not open for further replies.