What to do if weather is not good at Zoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamcake

Aug 11, 2003
Hi

I just visited the zoo very recently.
It was bad weather, the sky was overcast and it rained just before we wanted to leave.

All the shots are practically done at 1/30 - 1/15 which are crap settings... they either suffer handshake or the animals just out of focus. Done at Iso 100

I won't give up, i will be going to sungei buloh to try again... next next sat.

So calling all experts out there, what to do if the weather is no good? will you all just cancel the trip or shoot like nobody's business... Do you all accommadate and use high speed film like iso 400?

Do you all use tripod? but the prob is the animals are constantly on the move, so how are you going ot use your tripod and go after theM??

yamcake said:
Hi

I just visited the zoo very recently.
It was bad weather, the sky was overcast and it rained just before we wanted to leave.

All the shots are practically done at 1/30 - 1/15 which are crap settings... they either suffer handshake or the animals just out of focus. Done at Iso 100

I won't give up, i will be going to sungei buloh to try again... next next sat.

So calling all experts out there, what to do if the weather is no good? will you all just cancel the trip or shoot like nobody's business... Do you all accommadate and use high speed film like iso 400?

Do you all use tripod? but the prob is the animals are constantly on the move, so how are you going ot use your tripod and go after theM??

i'm a frequent visitor to the zoo. normally, i'll use tripod, but at times handheld. so depends what you're shooting.
if lights no good, use higher ISO film/settings. at times, i went up to 1600 too (well, for digital is easy to up the ISO). if weather no good,well, depends. if you think that it's going to rain, better pack up and go home, if not, just shoot...but avoid including any sky in your composition (as most likely the skies will be overblown). if possible, go for closer shots with longer tele.

have patience and observe how the animals behave and what they normally do during the time of the day. setup tripod and wait. also, learning where to "camp" is good, so you can be sure to get the shots you want.

well, we can go to the zoo sometimes...with the other guys like oeyvind, gremlin, megaweb....etc

megaweb said:
If you die die wanna to take some good shots during the raining day at the zoo, you can go to the reptile section to take white tree frog shot :)

reminds me of.. www.wahlaueh.com
but really.. wah lau eh..
can we go to the zoo together next time? i may have free tickets...

Status
Not open for further replies.