What to do, if someone bought you .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benign

Jan 30, 2004
Melbourne
gallery127599.fotopic.net
It happened to me once, somebody(chinese) bought me a pair of shoes for my birthday :confused: Although the person later retracted the present but the following year was really ****.

Would you accept it? :dunno:

:devil:

if i were you, i will give the person 20cents or a small token of money.
usually it's the person who gives would be having bad luck....

wat u mean? what's wrong's with shoes??? why y specify chinese? and wat happ to the following yr??? haha ...

Benign said:
It happened to me once, somebody(chinese) bought me a pair of shoes for my birthday :confused: Although the person later retracted the present but the following year was really ****.

Would you accept it? :dunno:

Normally chinese will open the present after the party. So, already accepted, return later will not help, might as well keep it.:lovegrin:

But where got friend or relative give shoe as present?

wat u mean? what's wrong's with shoes??? why y specify chinese? and wat happ to the following yr??? haha ...

Giving people birthday or important occassions with shoes is bad luck in Chinese custom lah.
I specified Chinese coz the person is Chinese, normally they should know it is not nice to buy people shoes, clocks on their birthdays or new opening of businesses lor. You can alway try it on your Chinese friends/clients and see how lor.

What happened that year.....U remember SARs? :sweat:

:think: I alway thought girls liked shoes as gifts

I alway thought girls liked shoes as gifts

Well, certainly not on their birthdays right? I was dating a gal last year, she was shopping for shoes....I offered to buy...but she said not good for her. And I should know the custom :bsmilie:

It was not even her birthday....but she accepted liquor as gift later that day. :)

It's too bad you choose to lead your life with the bonds of superstition, it makes for a hard living.

I for one, would be terribly thrilled with gifts of shoes, scissors and timepieces.

I know what u meant .. shoes meant 'loose' as in chinese custom .... but then what the heck we are in the modern world ... :devil:

Guys, I know I shouldn't be superstitious....but what if the person is your boss...or business associates?

Aren't we supposed to respect the wishes of the recipients? I know alot of older people and in particular Chinese big bosses dun like time pieces, shoes or anything spells bad luck. :embrass:

Ok, unless I am really outdated already......since I dun mixed around for the last couple of years.

lol .. i thought it only matters when your bf/gf give u shoes ..
cos u might 'run away' with others

Benign said:
My ex girlfriend lor :cry: She said I was too superstitious :(

Nowonder become ex. Sometime i don't understand what those girl think, "superstitious" is something that cannot play play, worst still during pregnant.

Cousin, pregnant, go touch up house with paint, child born with 6cm by 6cm on the head no hair. Now 8 year old liao must use other hair to cover up.:nono:

Cousin, pregnant, go touch up house with paint, child born with 6cm by 6cm on the head no hair. Now 8 year old liao must use other hair to cover up.

This incident I remembered, one of my cousin sista was still in her mom womb. The house her mom stayed was under renovation. Piles of wood was delivered and left on one side of the house. And the wood was left lying there for months.

When she was born, her legs were twisted or abnormal. Soon after, her maternal grandma asked those piles of wood removed......immediately, her legs was normal.

I am not superstitious. I alway believed there is a scientific explanation for everything.

But, if we know certain things we do will make others upset....then why we must do it in front of them. Especially, if you know certain things weren't pleasant for a particular occasion.

I din scold my ex girlfriend about it. But I told her coz I know if my parents found out, they wouldn't be please with her lor. :embrass: Haizz, so difficult to play the cards these days.

I remember when I was a young, my mother would buy me a new pair of shoes on my birthday and I was so happy! :D

Drudkh said:
I remember when I was a young, my mother would buy me a new pair of shoes on my birthday and I was so happy! :D

mother is a different thing, father too.

Chinese got many rules and regulation to live on.:cry:

soma said:
mother is a different thing, father too.

Chinese got many rules and regulation to live on.:cry:
too many customs/religious practise to follow. i usually ignore them. well, i'm quite stubborn.

Drudkh said:
too many customs/religious practise to follow. i usually ignore them. well, i'm quite stubborn.

Hope i could do without too. But once you are stuck you are stuck for life.:rolleyes:

My past birthday .. a friend bought me a clock :rolleyes: :sweat:

so which is worse.. shoes or clock? :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.