What to do if my D70 has fungus? ):

Csboi

Jul 18, 2011
Pulau Ubin
I went to the camera hospital yesterday for checkup of my 18-70mm and he told me that the lens, the electrical thingy inside is damaged. And my SLR has fungus in it. He quoted me $180 for the cleaning and changing of the filter inside. Is it compulsory to change the filter inside? :(

D70 people selling pre-owned for $200+ to $300+ now. That lens about $100+ to $200+.

I'm not a repair technician and I don't know how is the condition of your camera by your description.

I think you can send to Nikon Service Center to ask for a quotation for repairing, and decide whether to repair or write off the camera and lens.

Thanks! Wonder got student price a not. Haha

if im not wrong ur d70 is a 2nd hand 1 right? mind telling how long u owned it?

get quoting from nsc 1st..

if im not wrong ur d70 is a 2nd hand 1 right? mind telling how long u owned it?

get quoting from nsc 1st..

Yes that's correct. About 1 week plus. NSC? What's that.

Nikon Service Centre ...

And I feel really sorry for you man, you just got the d70 and it turned out it's so banged up. :/

But no more warranty liao. Later they charge more how?

No way that NSC is going to be cheaper....

If you're the type of guy who wants to DIY. here's a link to access the

I also do IR conversion so I have a number of D70 replacement filter. No need to pay just collect at my convenience

Why is there a need to do IR conversion? How to do? I read thru the link, but I think the assembling back of the parts will most probably leave me scratching my head

But no more warranty liao. Later they charge more how?

They will assess and give you a call on the quotation first, no charges at all if you decided not to go ahead.

Is the fungus on your D70 showing up on your images? If not, just keep on shooting (fungus will deteriorate slower if the electronic is warm) rather than spend more money on repair cost. As for lens, maybe get a $100+ 2nd hand 18-55 or a good 50mm f1.8D?

Is the fungus on your D70 showing up on your images? If not, just keep on shooting (fungus will deteriorate slower if the electronic is warm) rather than spend more money on repair cost. As for lens, maybe get a $100+ 2nd hand 18-55 or a good 50mm f1.8D?

Hmm if you zoom in all the way then you will be able to see crack like fungus, if upload photos into laptop then can't see it at all. If I want a lens for taking zoom shots like into birds and animals, should I get sigma 70-300mm nikonmount?

if i were you i will call that seller.... kpkp hahahaha

Csboi said:
Hahaha later waste my phone bills then become more lugi.

Since bro fatigue got the spare parts, ask him to quote/fix for you lah. The wait may be long cos he is a helpful busy bee, but from all the other threads, quality and service 1st class.