What to check for DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

astroman

Apr 12, 2006
I am planning to ask a friend overseas to buy a DSLR for me and since there is no international warranty and troublesome to exchange... I would like to know what are the things to check for before he brings it back to me... Thanks...

If there isn't much of a price difference, it's safer to get one locally.

Even if everything works well at first, what if something major happens and requires repairs, the costs may set you back even more if bought locally. For the peace of mind, I'll get a big ticket item locally, even if I may need to pay more IMO.

Get one locally, can go back home and test. If something is not right, can bring back to the shop for a one-to-one exchange. What to check for a new DSLR? I'll check EVERYTHING & EVERY function. Check for hot pixels (Censor), dead pixels (LCD) etc......

imho don get overseas cause i rather u pay more for and dslr with a waranty than without because reapairing wont be cheap if anything goes wrong and it may even cost more than wat u are trying to save

imho don get overseas cause i rather u pay more for and dslr with a waranty than without because reapairing wont be cheap if anything goes wrong and it may even cost more than wat u are trying to save

Don't they teach punctuation in schools no more??

To TS: if your friend knows photography and camera stuff, you just have to trust him. If not, whatever we tell you will probably make no difference

Don't they teach punctuation in schools no more??

To TS: if your friend knows photography and camera stuff, you just have to trust him. If not, whatever we tell you will probably make no difference

whyyoulikethatoneevenyouurselfneverputfullstopwhenyoucompleteyoursentencehowcanyousayotherpeople

whyyoulikethatoneevenyouurselfneverputfullstopwhenyoucompleteyoursentencehowcanyousayotherpeople

Yes teacher. U need me to do correction?

well the saving is almost 20%.... cost to $200.... it is actually quite a lot.... :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.