What to bring when you go oversea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Mar 12, 2004
CCK
Hi.. I'm planning a 3+weeks trip to europe in June and July....

As a newbie I wonder what is the most convenient and cost saving way to store my digital photos while I'm there?

Also, besides things from the digital storage department, what other things I should look out for??

Thanks in advance :)

Brandon said:

As a newbie I wonder what is the most convenient and cost saving way to store my digital photos while I'm there?

Also, besides things from the digital storage department, what other things I should look out for??

Any help anyone?? :dunno:
I heard X drive pro is good.. is that true???

Brandon said:

Power supply for your camera. Remember to bring the correct power socket adapter in order to charge your batteries.

DennisLee said:
Power supply for your camera. Remember to bring the correct power socket adapter in order to charge your batteries.

Thanks Dennis.. how about picture storage? I currently have 128Mb Xd which I think can only last a day of shootings... :(

Should I get more Xd card (my wallet says :nono: ), or 1 Xd card with one x drive with 30 G hardisk is enough???

bring wide angle, very important...

you can bring one wide, and a tele... that should be okay?
well, thats what i would bring.

RuthBaby said:
may i too pass u some shopping list? :D

hahahahaha..... for making me laugh I guess I dun mind if it's not big, bulky, or heavy....... :bsmilie:

Hmm point and shoot... just sold my Nikon 3100 after buying S5000... (which I think almost point and shoot as well actually :embrass: )

I'm curious though, why do you suggest bring point and shoot Cam??

Brandon said:
hahahahaha..... for making me laugh I guess I dun mind if it's not big, bulky, or heavy....... :bsmilie:

Hmm point and shoot... just sold my Nikon 3100 after buying S5000... (which I think almost point and shoot as well actually :embrass: )

I'm curious though, why do you suggest bring point and shoot Cam??
in case yr camera fails... ;)
i bring a 10D and E950 when i travel

where u going?
im a HRC tequila shot glass collector..
thank u... can u grab a pair when u visit any HRC there?
i pay ya....

Brandon said:
Thanks Dennis.. how about picture storage? I currently have 128Mb Xd which I think can only last a day of shootings... :(

Should I get more Xd card (my wallet says :nono: ), or 1 Xd card with one x drive with 30 G hardisk is enough???

I use this with my Fujipix s602z: http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/sg/auction/85014884?aucview=0x23

I has 1 gig and can store lots of picture. You can housekeep the pics in your hotel room everynight to optimise your capacity.

RuthBaby said:
where u going?
im a HRC tequila shot glass collector..
thank u... can u grab a pair when u visit any HRC there?
i pay ya....

No problem.. but please remind me again nearer the time of the trip...

I'm planning to go to about 10 countries, mostly central and northern Europe

As for the Tele and Wide Lenses.. hmm this means I have 3 months to save up for them and learn how to use them......... :think:
Newbie questions: I know tele lens is to add extra zoom for your cam, but is wide angle for?

Brandon said:
thanks for the info, but my cam (S5000) uses Xd card.. not compatible right?? :dunno:

If your cam uses only XD, then this one can't fit in then...

Brandon said:

i think u need to hv at least one spare Xd card in case of lost or malfunction... u'll cry out loud if u can't get a replacement while the scene in front of u is damn Gd... and i do agree to Ruth tat have a extra point n shoot cam either film or digital... use this pns cam if u want someone to help u to shoot u into the photo.. coz not many ppl know how to operate ur dc...

And bring extra batts lo... rechargeable or non-rechargeable... ;)

Brandon said:
No problem.. but please remind me again nearer the time of the trip...

I'm planning to go to about 10 countries, mostly central and northern Europe

As for the Tele and Wide Lenses.. hmm this means I have 3 months to save up for them and learn how to use them......... :think:
Newbie questions: I know tele lens is to add extra zoom for your cam, but is wide angle for?
thank u :)
wide angle is for landscape?
:D
my WA is for wedding :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.