What to bring on a photo walk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuworks

Feb 3, 2008
Hi guys, am going to Japan soon for a 20-day travel and just to take pictures of the scenary. This might seemed like a stupid question, but what should I be carrying (backpack, pouch), if I want both ease of using the D40 and two lenses interchangeably as well as carry enough essentials and not look out of place in urban tokyo?

money - I mean cash - yen denomination. :D

LOL. Thanks~ It is a budget trip as I have a friend staying there. So will be bunking over most of the days.

Will it be weird and uncomfortable to carry a sling bag and a camera bag together? Will a backpack be betteR?

Photographic wise :

Your camera
Lenses
Spare batteries
Lens cleaning stuffs

Filters if you are plannin to use any

Tripod is good

Lots of memory cards / on the go storage
A small notebook with Lan cable is nice. Many of their hotels are equipped with
internet ( wired / wireless )

The bag depends on how u wanna carry ur items. I have an off trail waist pouch and a slingshot.

Ryan

Yeah... thought of getting a small and light tripod for the very few night shots which I will be taking...

It's not possible to buy camera stuff in japan now due to the high yen.

Any idea where I can get a relatively inexpensive small light tripod here in sg?

Yeah... thought of getting a small and light tripod for the very few night shots which I will be taking...

Any idea where I can get a relatively inexpensive small light tripod here in sg?

Benrod tripod?

Photography equipment here in SG are also not any cheaper too.

don't forget the batt charger ;)

Spare no expenses for tripod, since u are able to afford a 20 day trip to japan, spending abit more on a tripod wont hurt u much. ;)

Hi guys, am going to Japan soon for a 20-day travel and just to take pictures of the scenary. This might seemed like a stupid question, but what should I be carrying (backpack, pouch), if I want both ease of using the D40 and two lenses interchangeably as well as carry enough essentials and not look out of place in urban tokyo?

a shoulder bag is better..

tokyo is not a problem , idon't think crime is such an issue there, but i have not read up on it.

you definitely want more storage for such a long trip.

I just came back from NZ south Island for 2 weeks with my school kids,
i brought all my lenses in my back pack. Never regret.
and i brought my laptop with me too, so every night i got the photos of the day sorted out.
as soon as i came back, i have all my photos ready for viewing and share.
all the best to you!

Use the backpack for the flight over to Japan. Once in Japan, leave the backpack in your friend's house and go out shooting with pouch or shoulder bag.

I would bring a Multi-lense there, like some 18-200m lens. To save space/weight, that way you've got wide-angle and telezoom at the same time. Though the F range would most probably be terrible. Couple that with spare batteries, lens hood. Done and good to go, of course don't forget the charger.

Cleaning kit would be a bonus too though.

Cowz.

Wow!! Thanks for all of the suggestions!!

*cries*

I think i'm going broke. Don't have most of the lenses you guys are talking about... *sweats*

This time round I going on a super budget trip... Estimated expenses... 2k only.

Status
Not open for further replies.