What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

Aaronlim81

Jul 1, 2010
Singapore, Bukit Panjang
Hi guys, I shall be going for my honeymoon trip to taiwan next week, this is a tour guided trip and also my first time going to bring my DSLR for holiday. I don't know in such a rush trip what photography equipment need and what need bring?Please advice me about the equipment that I intend bring along.

-Canon 7D
-Canon 100-400 Lens
-Sigma 18-200 Lens
-Canon 50mm f1.8
-Tripod
-580 ex II flash

Is is practical to bring this items along? :dunno:

First and foremost... remember to bring your wife. ;)

Remember to enjoy the trip more... Don't turn it into a photo-shoot which might anger the new woman of the house.

And leave the 100-400 at home...

Last edited:
Remember not to bring your mother in law :bsmilie:

Enjoy your trip.

Firstly congrats on your honeymoon ;) .. think you may like to skip the 100-400 unless you have intention for birding/wildlife.

Agreed with DD123. Since its a tour group also, you might not have time to deploy the tripod. It depends on how familiar you are with your set up and ur itinerary. Your flash is really optional. Since you have your 7D flash, its basically good enough to get exposed shots but if you are going for the more artistic feel, or think you want to manipulate the light just a little more, take the flash too.

tripod is important as they can take the photos with them inside . . . :)

go light and enjoy the trip.

I suggest that you just bring your 18-200mm and maybe your flash. Enjoy the trip with your wife. Being a guided tour can be quite restrictive for shooting. I just went taiwan in january with my parents and I had to shoot what I wanted fast (meaning getting off the bus fast....quickly deploy tripod.....look &wait for good spot among many many tourists sometimes....and when u just finished and satisfied...time to go back to bus....) so...just relax and enjoy the trip.

Firstly congrats on your honeymoon ;) .. think you may like to skip the 100-400 unless you have intention for birding/wildlife.

Probably won't have time for birding. Wanted to bring so as just in case can take a few quick snap of bird that I can't find in Singapore. But wife screaming at me for bring so much equipment onboard lol. I'm sure I'll regret for not bring 100-400.

Agreed with DD123. Since its a tour group also, you might not have time to deploy the tripod. It depends on how familiar you are with your set up and ur itinerary. Your flash is really optional. Since you have your 7D flash, its basically good enough to get exposed shots but if you are going for the more artistic feel, or think you want to manipulate the light just a little more, take the flash too.

Thanks to your advice hotchocolate,don't know whether got time to deploy tripod anot. Wanted to take self portrait of me and my wife.

tripod is important as they can take the photos with them inside . . . :)
go light and enjoy the trip.

Erm bro sorry me catch no ball. They(tripod?) can take picture with them(?) inside(where)????anyway thanks I will enjoy the trip.

I suggest that you just bring your 18-200mm and maybe your flash. Enjoy the trip with your wife. Being a guided tour can be quite restrictive for shooting. I just went taiwan in january with my parents and I had to shoot what I wanted fast (meaning getting off the bus fast....quickly deploy tripod.....look &wait for good spot among many many tourists sometimes....and when u just finished and satisfied...time to go back to bus....) so...just relax and enjoy the trip.

Is it very lame to setup tripod for shooting whereby other tourist busy looking around?would they laugh at me? This oncoming trip is a 8 days tour as I can see from the schedule it's might be a very tiring trip. Hopefully I got some spare time to manage my wife and sufficient time for me to shoot a little while more.

First and foremost... remember to bring your wife. ;)

Remember to enjoy the trip more... Don't turn it into a photo-shoot which might anger the new woman of the house.And leave the 100-400 at home...

Keke haven't go only discuss with wife what photography equipment to bring already got blasted &+^#*< out loud in my ear while driving. You go there to shoot or holiday blablablabla......

7D + 18-200 enough liao.....

Just bring the following will do:
-Canon 7D
-Sigma 18-200 Lens
-Canon 50mm f1.8
-580 ex II flash

Important thing is to enjoy your honeymoon! Congrats!

Bring me along.................................:sweatsm:

7D + 18-200 enough liao.....

Thanks for your advice cyquek.

Just bring the following will do:
-Canon 7D
-Sigma 18-200 Lens
-Canon 50mm f1.8
-580 ex II flash

Important thing is to enjoy your honeymoon! Congrats!

Thanks lloh108. Well I agreed since it's a honeymoon tour objective should be enjoying the trip with my wife instead of shooting might neglect my wife.:sweat:

Bring me along.................................:sweatsm:

Hi MM,thanks for dropping by. Sure I Ta Bao you in my luggage. Ask you out when i need to shoot. Wahahaha! :sweatsm:

18-200 would be enough. flash may not be necessary but I would bring my tripod just in case you need it!!enjoy your honeymoon dude!:cool:

happy honeymoon to you two.
enjoy your trip.

body with 18-200 is enough (ok MAYBE a flash) ..... i would leave the tripod at home if u intend to do self-portraits with wife (just get someone else to shoot you 2)

Just enjoy , shoot when you can , dont push it and do a seperate photo-dedicated trip some other time ......... you want a long happy marriage

You might also end up pissing off alot of fellow non-photog tour group travellers if you get too 'deep' into shooting ........... almost always you will tend to be one of the lagging last few back on the coach while everyone waits for you to grab that 'one last shot' .... u might find it cute or OK but others will not

worst, wait ur wify thought u shooting pretty woman from a distant.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

i suggest leve all these at home, bring a good p&s, a small & light tripod.

Last edited:
congrats!

Go light while on a tour guided trip and enjoy the trip!
the 18-200 and the 7D will do great!

ryan

Hi MM,thanks for dropping by. Sure I Ta Bao you in my luggage. Ask you out when i need to shoot. Wahahaha! :sweatsm:
Taiwan got a lot of birds to shoot.............................:devil:

Hi guys, I shall be going for my honeymoon trip to taiwan next week, this is a tour guided trip and also my first time going to bring my DSLR for holiday. I don't know in such a rush trip what photography equipment need and what need bring?Please advice me about the equipment that I intend bring along.

-Canon 7D
-Canon 100-400 Lens
-Sigma 18-200 Lens
-Canon 50mm f1.8
-Tripod
-580 ex II flash

Is is practical to bring this items along? :dunno:

it's your honeymoon.

i suggest you bring this item:

- Your Bride

you're welcome!