What to bring for Honeymoon Trip to Taiwan?

congrads to getting married. If your wife is into photography as u... by all means bring all the gears. if not... my advice is that you just bring a P&S. Give her all your attention and take a lot of pictures together with her. cause it does not matter if it turns out good or not.

Otherwise the only thing getting any action is your dslr, and u will be sleeping in the hotel lobby. dun screw up the honeymoon.... she will remind you throughout your married life.

Like what others have advised, just enjoy your honeymoon. I don't know your itinenary but chances are you have little time to shoot with tripod. So just leave your tripod at home, bring your 18-200mm, shoot interesting stuff and pics of yourself and your wife along the way. Pns refers to point and shoot (compact cameras).

Bring your wife and leave your mistress at home :bsmilie:

Leave the tripod at home.

i suggest that you bring ur DSLR with a 50mm.
Do bring ur PnS cos it will be easier to self-snap shots with ur wife.

Ultimately, it is not the contrast and sharpness that makes a photo unforgettable - it is the memories that makes the photo unforgettable.

REMEMBER to enjoy this trip and every photo will be a great shot.

Thanks for the reminder bro Ferderico.:thumbsup:

"your ex-girlfriend" is in singular form and is another term for your wife.
I am a romantic buff and I always introduce my wife to friends and strangers as "my ex-girlfriend". Sometimes, I can see shock faces and my wife will always giggle. This is a simple trick to make wives happy because a unhappy wife is hell to live with!!:sweat::sweat:

You will find out the answer to the meaning of "when the honeymoon is over" when your honeymoon is over, so, meanwhile enjoy your honeymoon.

Cheers always.

Wow so sweet of you Bro Lew. I think I got alot to learn from you especially how to sweet talk. Thanks for sharing me the art of making wife happy.

Its your Honeymoon Trip. Forget about gears. Just bring a point and shoot that you feel safe about passing to strangers to take photos for you and your wife.

True my worst nightmare is asking stranger to take photo and they drop my gear.

Yo bro!

Congrate on your marriage... and have fun with your new life and identity (somebody husband);)

Just bring anything you and your wife would feel happy with and not too burden to your trip. And enjoy your honeymoon!

-Ur wife
-Canon 7D
-Sigma 18-200 Lens
-Canon 50mm f1.8
-580 ex II flash

since it's a guided tour...forget bout tripod.
just enjoy ur holiday and make it a happy one for both.
by the end of the trip...bet u'll be exhausted enough with the weight of gears + tight schedule.

Hi denniskee, thanks for dropping by, may I know why is "PnS"?

sorry, its point & shoot, ie compact camera, digital or film. there r many good 2nd hand LX3 on sale in b&s here in cs. like some mentioned, sprint pro gm is a good tripod for casual shooting with p&s, light & compact, 2nd hand one (the older model) in cs should be around $70-$100 with their own sbh-100 ballhead. i have been using one for yrs.

Yo bro!

Congrate on your marriage... and have fun with your new life and identity (somebody husband);)

Just bring anything you and your wife would feel happy with and not too burden to your trip. And enjoy your honeymoon!

Thanks for your blessing and advice bro rhino123, will enjoy this coming trip with my wife more than shooting Appreciated all you guys for waking me up the idea of shooting instead of honeymoon. Almost forgot my wife presence.

-Ur wife
-Canon 7D
-Sigma 18-200 Lens
-Canon 50mm f1.8
-580 ex II flash

since it's a guided tour...forget bout tripod.
just enjoy ur holiday and make it a happy one for both.
by the end of the trip...bet u'll be exhausted enough with the weight of gears + tight schedule.

Thanks for reminding dazism, after reading all the feedback from you guys I've decided not to bring tripod. :thumbsup:

sorry, its point & shoot, ie compact camera, digital or film. there r many good 2nd hand LX3 on sale in b&s here in cs. like some mentioned, sprint pro gm is a good tripod for casual shooting with p&s, light & compact, 2nd hand one (the older model) in cs should be around $70-$100 with their own sbh-100 ballhead. i have been using one for yrs.

Thanks for sharing with me the tips. I intend to borrow a compact digital camera from my college. :thumbsup:

Hi guys, I shall be going for my honeymoon trip to taiwan next week, this is a tour guided trip and also my first time going to bring my DSLR for holiday. I don't know in such a rush trip what photography equipment need and what need bring?Please advice me about the equipment that I intend bring along.

-Canon 7D
-Canon 100-400 Lens
-Sigma 18-200 Lens
-Canon 50mm f1.8
-Tripod
-580 ex II flash

Is is practical to bring this items along? :dunno:

Bring the 7D+18-200+flash thats all you need. Consider bringing a PnS camera too.
BTW, the Taiwan uses 2 pin 110 volt power outlets. If you are bringing AA rechargeable batteries please check that your charger is compatible.

PnS

Go and enjoy yourself with your wife.

Rushing to take photographs and not having time to find the best angles is really annoying and can get you into a bad mood really fast, not counting the fact you have to carry several kg of stuff around, most probably the whole day too.

Waiting for people with PnS standing where you want to take a photo can be very annoying too (it's really really bad at the eiffel tower...)

If you bring and carry your DSLR around, you would feel compelled to make use of it, increasing the risk that you may actually be taking photos of the location but not actually being there yourself.

I just returned to Singapore after a year in Europe, and I'd done a number of guided city tours there; Prague, Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam etc etc. There really isn't time to take good photographs. Most of the time the environment is really new, and the time it takes to set up a shot, the group had around moved off and when i catch up, the guide had already begun explaining something else.

Plus, if you already commit to bringing just the 18-200, you would have many what ifs' , like "what if i brought the 100-400, i could have made better photographs".

Just save yourself the trouble and bring a PnS. Just my 2 cents worth

PnS

Go and enjoy yourself with your wife.

Rushing to take photographs and not having time to find the best angles is really annoying and can get you into a bad mood really fast, not counting the fact you have to carry several kg of stuff around, most probably the whole day too.

Waiting for people with PnS standing where you want to take a photo can be very annoying too (it's really really bad at the eiffel tower...)

If you bring and carry your DSLR around, you would feel compelled to make use of it, increasing the risk that you may actually be taking photos of the location but not actually being there yourself.

I just returned to Singapore after a year in Europe, and I'd done a number of guided city tours there; Prague, Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam etc etc. There really isn't time to take good photographs. Most of the time the environment is really new, and the time it takes to set up a shot, the group had around moved off and when i catch up, the guide had already begun explaining something else.

Plus, if you already commit to bringing just the 18-200, you would have many what ifs' , like "what if i brought the 100-400, i could have made better photographs".

Just save yourself the trouble and bring a PnS. Just my 2 cents worth

Thanks Complex13717421,your advise are very much appreciated. Yup I agreed that couldn't take great photo really does spoil my mood.Hence,I would only be bring my DSLR , 18-200 and flash. Will keep reminding myself that it's a honeymoon trio and I'm there ti enjoy myself and not photoshoot. Well, I really envy you that you are able to spend 1 year travelling in Europe. Great experience you have.:thumbsup:

Just bring a P&S.
Its a once a lifetime experience. Not a photo trip. Spend more time getting to know the wifey better :) There will always be another chance later in the marriage to go back to the place for a slower paced trip :)

cheers and congrats !! :)

Congrats :D

Do remember to have a fully charge battery :D

Have a compact P&S as backup and also let your wife use it to enjoy shooting some photos too :D

Both of you should have fun shooting photos together :D