What The!???

Status
Not open for further replies.

siron

Mar 18, 2002
somewhere near...
www.geocities.com
Guys, I have a question to ask you all.... or rather something to tell you all. You see I went to watch a movie at Golden Village. Well I brought my camera around. Before going into the cinema I took some shots..here and there, Then when I was abt to enter the cinema, the guy told me no cam allow inside, so I say...okay I leave it with you after the show then I take back.
SHOW OVER... So I took it back and GUESS WHAT!?? My privacy was TOUCHED!! Some pic I took was GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT INSIDE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They actually removed some pictures without my permission or my knowledge??!! CAN THEY DO THAT!!?? That mean they browse thru my collection of pictures already inside!!!! Golden VIllage leh!!

hmm.. i dun think they could/should. they didnt even tell u.
but u by leaving it with them with no proper handling (document) also sway lor. they can deny it also.

probably that fella @#%!#!@ who took ur cam played around with it and deleted the photos.

hide your camera properly next time...or take out the memory stick lor....or if possible, give the guy the battery or memory stick, so that u cannot take photo inside the cinema?

wah scully scratch also u dunno.

Originally posted by kamwai
hide your camera properly next time...or take out the memory stick lor....or if possible, give the guy the battery or memory stick, so that u cannot take photo inside the cinema?

No no.. the point is not that I wanna bring the cam inside. It's the fact that they handle my camera...okay. And view the contents and removed SOME without my consent!!!

Originally posted by siron

No no.. the point is not that I wanna bring the cam inside. It's the fact that they handle my camera...okay. And view the contents and removed SOME without my consent!!!

complain!!!

say u got a valuable photo worth $XXXX dollar....

threaten them and ask for compensation...u didn't do anything wrong as u did not attempt to take photo inside cinema and already co-operate with them by surrended the camera...

Next time.... I think you better complain to GV's top management ley... What if that guy is a pro who came back from some assignment... those foool deleted his pics without permission... how much are that going to cost GV???? Kamwai's idea good...

Guys, I have a question to ask you all.... or rather something to tell you all. You see I went to watch a movie at Golden Village. Well I brought my camera around. Before going into the cinema I took some shots..here and there, Then when I was abt to enter the cinema, the guy told me no cam allow inside, so I say...okay I leave it with you after the show then I take back.
SHOW OVER... So I took it back and GUESS WHAT!?? My privacy was TOUCHED!! Some pic I took was GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT INSIDE ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They actually removed some pictures without my permission or my knowledge??!! CAN THEY DO THAT!!?? That mean they browse thru my collection of pictures already inside!!!! Golden VIllage leh!!

Write to ST forums page. Guaranteed free annual movie passes liao :)

Actually what happened is that instead of choosing "Copy" they chose "Move" to copy your GF's pics!

Seriously, I think it was foolish of you to surrender your camera. The guy could have disappeared with your camera! I don't believe it's illegal to CARRY a camera anywhere, just that you can be forbidden to USE it (and I think you should respect this if the management of whatever place disallows the use of cameras). I would have seriously challenged anyone who wanted to confiscate my camera. I would simply give an undertaking not to use my camera in those premises, and honour it.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Actually what happened is that instead of choosing "Copy" they chose "Move" to copy your GF's pics!

Seriously, I think it was foolish of you to surrender your camera. The guy could have disappeared with your camera! I don't believe it's illegal to CARRY a camera anywhere, just that you can be forbidden to USE it (and I think you should respect this if the management of whatever place disallows the use of cameras). I would have seriously challenged anyone who wanted to confiscate my camera. I would simply give an undertaking not to use my camera in those premises, and honour it.

But outside says No Camera leh..

next time threaten them lah. just hand over the mem stick
say u keep the camera.
say if camera missing are they going to be responsible!!

Lesson learnt lah...

why on earth did u pass your camera to someone you don't know, Golden Village or not??! for something as expensive as a digital camera, that's not very wise.

did u check your camera when u got it back? did u realise the missing pics and confront him on the spot? or did u only realise it after u got home?

Originally posted by Red Dawn

why on earth did u pass your camera to someone you don't know, Golden Village or not??! for something as expensive as a digital camera, that's not very wise.

did u check your camera when u got it back? did u realise the missing pics and confront him on the spot? or did u only realise it after u got home?

he prob realised it when he got home ...
i understand lah, it would be also dangerous for him to leave it in his vehicle so carrying it around safer

I'd advise that you discuss this with Singapores version of the consumer affairs commission and or a citizens advice bureau or it's equivalent to find out where you stand legally. However it's likely to come down to your word vs theirs, unless there happens to be a security camera tape that shows an employee tampering with your camera.

While I have sympathy for you, the fact remains that in most countries it's quite legal for a business to deny entry to anyone carrying a camera regardless of reason. They don't have to give any reasons either as 'commercially senstive material,industrial espionage or in the case of a cinema 'anti piracy policy' to stop people pirating a movie is sufficient grounds.

In the case of many live band performances P&S's are allowed but not SLR's as a performance actually falls under the ageis of the copyright act.

My advice, next time you go to the movies leave the camera at home or don't go there directly after a shoot. If you must surrender the gear, remove the memory stick and or film from the camera and keep it in your possession. Demand a receipt listing all items surrendered and an indemnity by the organisation against stating the value of payout for loss, damage or equipment tampering while in their care.

Originally posted by Ian

My advice, next time you go to the movies leave the camera at home or don't go there directly after a shoot. If you must surrender the gear, remove the memory stick and or film from the camera and keep it in your possession. Demand a receipt listing all items surrendered and an indemnity by the organisation against stating the value of payout for loss, damage or equipment tampering while in their care.

Actually after re-reading his post, i think the problem is he took some shots inside the cinema itself while waiting for the show....

is that right Siron? or else the staff would not have known that you have a camera with u.....they wouldn't have demanded to inspect your bag i'm sure!

Originally posted by Red Dawn

Actually after re-reading his post, i think the problem is he took some shots inside the cinema itself while waiting for the show....

is that right Siron? or else the staff would not have known that you have a camera with u.....they wouldn't have demanded to inspect your bag i'm sure!

NO! I did not take ANY shots in the cinema!!!!!! I have not even gone in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was abt to go in when he told me cannot bring in..I was like. okay . Juz take care of it. BUT my privacy is infringed!!!1

Take it easy Siron, live and learn.:)

Now that your photos are erased, wouldn't that be a good reason to go out and take those photos again?

Status
Not open for further replies.