What The Hell, new flash selling at $200++? is it true? nikon flash...

Status
Not open for further replies.

compro_1975

Apr 24, 2005
saw this article on the new flash by nikon.

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-7900-8677

at the bottom it writes
'The Speedlight SB-400 is to ship the second week of December 2006 at an expected street price of US$129.95 in the U.S.' so cheap??? from what i read, seems like it can reach as far as 21 meters leh.

anyone can comfirm?

saw this article on the new flash by nikon.

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-7900-8677

at the bottom it writes
'The Speedlight SB-400 is to ship the second week of December 2006 at an expected street price of US$129.95 in the U.S.' so cheap??? from what i read, seems like it can reach as far as 21 meters leh.

anyone can comfirm?

specs even lower than SB600, super duper entry level... maybe if do alot of CLS is worth it... just need 1 SB800 and a few SB400... most likely buy 1x SB600= 2x SB400 price.

specs even lower than SB600, super duper entry level... maybe if do alot of CLS is worth it... just need 1 SB800 and a few SB400... most likely buy 1x SB600= 2x SB400 price.

Cannot do AWL.... It does not support AWL.

But it can only be used on cameras which support CLS.

SB-400 can do CLS??? I hope it can put colour gel, dome... then also got different channel and groups... Then I'm gonna bbbb!!! :bsmilie:

SB-400 can do CLS??? I hope it can put colour gel, dome... then also got different channel and groups... Then I'm gonna bbbb!!! :bsmilie:

CLS is Creative Lighting System

AWL is Advanced Wireless Lighting

This is a simplified flash which requires CLS capable cameras to operate. But unable to be triggered wirelessly for what we deem as CLS.

Just realised this.... :(
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-7900-8677 said:
It will not work as either master unit or slave unit in a Nikon wireless TTL setup

Blah... I think I get SB-600 instead... Or maybe the "Wireless Remote Speedlight SB-R200" -> but fire power a bit weak...

Just realised this.... :(

Blah... I think I get SB-600 instead... Or maybe the "Wireless Remote Speedlight SB-R200" -> but fire power a bit weak...

Get the 600... more juice

Get the 600... more juice
Ya lor... Happened to notice the Nikon SB-80DX... Wonder if it is good... :think: Or maybe stick to SB-600...

According to Nikon.com.sg
SB-800: $800
SB-80DX: $650
SB-600: $440

Ya lor... Happened to notice the Nikon SB-80DX... Wonder if it is good... :think: Or maybe stick to SB-600...

According to Nikon.com.sg
SB-800: $800
SB-80DX: $650
SB-600: $440

DX not able to do CLS or AWL... or be able to use iTTL...

So stick with the SB-600 or SB-800

so this flash gun is cheapo 1 lah

lets look at what it can do instead.

1. it is small
2. it is light
3. it can do bounce flash

perfect for holiday snaps without the bulk/weight of a SB600/800

ortega said:
lets look at what it can do instead.

1. it is small
2. it is light
3. it can do bounce flash

perfect for holiday snaps without the bulk/weight of a SB600/800
Totally agree with you, plus cheaper too. :thumbsup:

../azul123

thought this flash is supposed to be released with the new nikon D40? hm.
based on the stats.. its v.basic.. unlikely for any good for demanding flash hungry users..

thought this flash is supposed to be released with the new nikon D40? hm.
based on the stats.. its v.basic.. unlikely for any good for demanding flash hungry users..

It's for a different group of users... like those who needs a flash occasionally and for travelling.

If you want powerful flashes, go for the hammerheads or SB-800 (complete with SD-8a or Quantum)

Status
Not open for further replies.