What the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkvolution

Oct 12, 2009
Hi there, may I know what the difference between "Associate" and "Executive" in job upgrade?

Associate sound kinda like lower level than Executive.

Hi there, may I know what the difference between "Associate" and "Executive" in job upgrade?

associate coz ur associated with anything that it associates with. executives just execute anyone that associates told u to.

seriously tho...no idea. almost like my question: is a sanitary disposal engineer really an engineer?

That depends entirely on the structure of the company you join. They can name the levels whatever they want to.

........depends, the terms don't mean anything. it's not like military, where a corporal is definitely beneath a general.

Associate is lower than executive. These are internal designation and not business title. Reason being, govt regulated industry only permits certain rank to do a role.

However business titles like sales exec are not accurate.

just a job title, nowadays companies give very big job title with little paycheck, as long you get paid for what you do, don't need to bother so much.

depend on what industry, and it is just a title. What you need to know is your role and responsibility that is best to decide if you are paid fairly, under or over.

Well, I just checked today. Basically, my title was downgraded due to the corporate requirement. It is necessary for the rest to downgrade too.

My basic pay increased abit by 3 digits. Satisfied anyway.

Thanks guys. :)

Well, I just checked today. Basically, my title was downgraded due to the corporate requirement. It is necessary for the rest to downgrade too.

:thumbsup:

Your title is downgraded but your pay scale did not, meaning you staff grade. The word "I empower you" cannot apply in certain field because they require certification, corp ranking and pay scale. The commercial and employment law varies country to country.

:bigeyes:ur pay got increased from 4 digit to 7 digit?!!?!?!??!

time to go shopping :)

:bsmilie: Maybe instead of paying out in Singapore currency, now the paycheck is in Korean Won. :p.

I mean my increment is in 3 digits number ~_~". Example: 1000SGD (Last time) >> now is 1500 SGD (now after increment)

Not from 4 digits jump to 7. Like that I straight go buy medium format camera and play liao. :bsmilie:

........depends, the terms don't mean anything. it's not like military, where a corporal is definitely beneath a general.

Not true leh!
Back in the day, Corporal Lee Hsein Loong certainly above the Chief of Army :D

Holga is primarily a medium format camera, just so you know. ;p

;p it a fun camera. Actually wanted to buy one and play but hor ..... I very lazy one, to change the film haha :bsmilie:

It's ranking system, a hierarchy, a coporate title commonly employed by the few banks i worked with (including the present one)

In fact u are wrong.

Executive rank lowest..

Executive -> Analyst -> Associate -> Assistant Vice President -> Vice President -> Senior Vice President -> Director -> Managing Director.

Normally from Executive to Associate takes 3/4 years at least depending on the functions/department u are serving..

FYI lar..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.