What the Best CPL filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you're quite blur....you forgot to mention the diameter of the filter.

Anyway if you want the best then you should be able to afford B+W filters. Here's a link for a mass order which shows the price list:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365945

Some say Heliopan is the best but I think nobody bring in the CPL filters. So maybe you can order it from overseas....more expensive than B+W.

Hi guys,

please help me find the best cpl,

im quiet blur on choicing it :(

dennis

A pointer you might want to note. If you have a problem with knowing which filter brands makes the "best" you might want to hold back on purchasing the "best". Spend sometime getting to know your equipment and do more reading up. You can only get the best out of the best by knowing what you are shooting thus know when to apply that filter or any other equipment for that matter.

If you have to ask questions like this...buying the best one around is the least of your problem that needs some working.

Note...alot will come in to play regarding buying the 'best'. ( honest asyou get into it...it is really debatable as you will start to see carous people come in to defend their preference) If you are using only the entry level lens and not even coming near to buying the high end lens...the best filter will just not help if any.

CPL are not something you use all the time also. There are certain lighting situation that you will be able to see much improvement or you might see nothing if you don't know when to use it. Yes you would need one to start learning but you don't need the 'best' to do so.

Don't believe all the hype you hear about it. There are many a times people shot just as vivid and nice shot without using one too. There are people who screw up a shot using it too heh.

If you want to buy the best, i suggest buying the B+W KSM which would cost $300-$400 per piece for a 72mm thread

why must buy best?

I just bought Kenko Pro1 Digital UV and CPL at $50 & $100 respectively.
Both are 72mm and multicoated

If you want to buy the best, i suggest buying the B+W KSM which would cost $300-$400 per piece for a 72mm thread

er, it can be owned for only $200+ ...=P (77mm somemore)

anyway ya do consider buying 77mm-s unless you are very very sure u will never use 77mm lens forever, or at least a long time. Its economical to get 77mm CPL and get step down rings for your smaller lens so you only need 1 cpl for all....but some ppl find it trouble some to use step down rings, i did at least..haha..

You might want to look at Nikon CPs. Relatively affordable and light efficient. Typically, you loose about 1.5 stops with other brands. With Nikon, its in the region of 0.3 to 0.5.

Thanks guy so sorry for got to mention the diamter, its 77mm im using. and yes i consider B+W filter are best actually i have one also. im quiet blur why im asking you this thread because on different site... there are also photographers using Kenko pro 1 CPL filter... hope you the guy help me on choicing one why im saying the "BEST"

I'm not sure how you define best, but a good CPL should be one that performs with minimal light loss and don't affect image quality. It should also be thin enough not to cause vignette on wider lenses.

I'm using Nikon's CPL II now even though I'm a Canon user. B+W is a good choice too. There are even more expensive options such as Singh-Ray out there but they are sold locally (I think). I tried some cheap brands like Marumi before and it doesnt really polarise, but end up losing 2 stop of light for nothing.

er, it can be owned for only $200+ ...=P (77mm somemore)

anyway ya do consider buying 77mm-s unless you are very very sure u will never use 77mm lens forever, or at least a long time. Its economical to get 77mm CPL and get step down rings for your smaller lens so you only need 1 cpl for all....but some ppl find it trouble some to use step down rings, i did at least..haha..

KSM lei bro... pls ur price is for the normal b+w CPL

Status
Not open for further replies.