What system are you using now?

I am fortunate to have Nikon F2 Photomic and also Pentax K2.

My dad told me he bought the K2 in 1987 for $800 and it comes with 50mm F1.2 lens. The cameras are still with me but not the Seagull and Topcon.

The Nikon is not working now but the K2 still OK.

The Seagull forces me to use manual control and I later realised that it has a Minolta mount.

Thinking of going back to film.....

My Nikon F2 Photomic is still working very well as am a diehard fan of motordrives/winders I bought together with the MD3
hence from then on my Canons comes with the grip :). Actually me started off with photography using my dad's Rolleicord TLR
the old fella is still with me :p
26067710440_21add17aca_k.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ah Keong
Sorry. An error, my dad bough the Pentax K2 and Nikon F2 in 1977 and not 1987. :p:p:p

Began with Agfa Rapid slowly to forgot the brand plastic camera 120 & 127 roll film system.
Started using 35mm Minolta system from the srt series, xe, x-1motor, xg-m & x-700 and 16mm Minolta-16 system.
When replacement parts for Minolta gets difficult to source for service and repairs, switched to Nikon with the original F, F2 & F3 for its ergonomics.
Added Leica old screw mount barnack & M system and Mamiya RB67.
Embraced digital Nikon.
Added digital Canon after noticing it gives better skin tones with natural light. Digital Nikon best with flash. Spent lesser time in-front of computer on post now since alternating between the digital system under respective light condition.
Added digital Leica M system.

The film Nikon, Leica and Mamiya RB67 are still working.

Started with Sony, Still with Sony. Collected quite a handful of film bodies from KM and Minolta along with lenses.

Canon ALL the way. But had scaled down a lot on lens & bodies purchases.
Only good time to use is when overseas travelling, otherwise is kept away collecting dust.
These days iPhone coupled with excellent editing apps, can actually produce appealing nice and well balanced 4R photo printouts.
Saving a lot of baggage weight and inconvenience.

1. Nikon FM2
2. Nikonos V
3. Sony Mavica
4. Canon APSC
5. Nikon DX
6. Canon FF
7. Nikon FX
8. Olympus MFT
Now concurrently Canon FF (birding), Nikon DX (rough), Olympus (travel)

I am fortunate to have Nikon F2 Photomic and also Pentax K2.

My dad told me he bought the K2 in 1987 for $800 and it comes with 50mm F1.2 lens. The cameras are still with me but not the Seagull and Topcon.

The Nikon is not working now but the K2 still OK.

The Seagull forces me to use manual control and I later realised that it has a Minolta mount.

Thinking of going back to film.....

You should go back to film. I did that and no regrets.