What style/ genre is this?

emlee

Mar 10, 2008
Ang Mo Kio
Hi,
I cannot find a good sub forum to post this question so I will leave this in the Newbies sub forum. What style/ genre is this type of photography? Yes, it is probably portraiture. But within portraiture, there is glamour, fashion, noir, character, etc. (I'm sure there is more).

What can this be classified as?

I have a friend who used to shoot photo-story. Like this. Photo-story was a term coined by him ( I think). Is there an official term to this?

9917585014_b6d31c12ab_h.jpg

I would love to hear from the members.

Last edited:
No expert on this.. but I recently read an article on street photography n the story style sample u have given looks similar to the "contact sheets" used to visually show the "story" behind the "leading photo".

Its just portraits to me. Don't over think it.

Lifestyle photography?

lifestyle photography as in real people doing everyday activities.

do you see people do this everyday walking their way to MRT or school or go shopping?

Hi,
I cannot find a good sub forum to post this question so I will leave this in the Newbies sub forum. What style/ genre is this type of photography? Yes, it is probably portraiture. But within portraiture, there is glamour, fashion, noir, character, etc. (I'm sure there is more).

I have a friend who used to shoot photo-story. Like this. Photo-story was a term coined by him ( I think). Is there an official term to this?

Last edited:
Hi,

港台韩美少女专辑

Cutie snapshots, some get a bit closer to portrait :)

Portraits that is made to look like everyday snapshots. Like what catchlight say its a taiwan hongkong style meimei shot.

this type of photography can not make money here.

check this out, http://ju.taobao.com/tg/home.htm?sp...21379567121&id=10000000574331&ck=%B1%B1%BE%A9 that is about S$80.00 only, if the photographers up sale another $200-300, that is pretty good enough for them.

at local, photographers need to sell at $800 at least in order to break even, than how are you going to upsale another $1000 for your profit?

anyway,
those XMM can not afford you are mostly good looking.
those can afford you are no longer XMM and good looking.

Don't think most people will really enjoy shooting these for money.

this type of photography can not make money here.

anyway,
those XMM can not afford you are mostly good looking.
those can afford you are no longer XMM and good looking.

Don't think most people will really enjoy shooting these for money.

I think the XMM all expect to be paid for the shoot, and then expect to get the pictures.

In TS context, I believe he is referring to real people and that implies to close ones in their day to day activities and as a way to document them creatively for lasting memories ... Here's a link to a blog ... http://www.photo-dream-house.com/the-scoop-on-lifestyle-photography-annie-tao/

Thanks oracle. That's exactly. I was only wondering if there is already a name for this sub genre. That's all. Thank you all for your comments.

I personally would classify them as portraits.

By the way, what is the meaning of TS?

yupp just plain straight portraiture! love doing these for friends(for fun) :bsmilie: