What step did I miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

airforce1

Aug 18, 2003
Being Newbie in ps I attended the Manny workshop but unfortunately I am blurred and really do not understand how he do it.

For example , BG copy is open and I used layer adjustment curve to darken the background and I need to clear the face from the darken effect. I then open masking on the layer palette and paint with brush white to brightened up the face or bring the color back.

Now the masking layer blank , I know when paint with brush the face is black mask on masking layer. Can the Pro help please, What step I did I miss?

After u add a mask. Go to Edit > Fill > Black

Go to Brush tool and make sure is set to white foreground. Then can start painting already

Being Newbie in ps I attended the Manny workshop but unfortunately I am blurred and really do not understand how he do it.

For example , BG copy is open and I used layer adjustment curve to darken the background and I need to clear the face from the darken effect. I then open masking on the layer palette and paint with brush white to brightened up the face or bring the color back.

Now the masking layer blank , I know when paint with brush the face is black mask on masking layer. Can the Pro help please, What step I did I miss?

After you add adjustment layer (the mask should be white), paint with a black color brush on the part you dun wan the layer adjustment to affect. Should work.

I am not sure if i misunderstood you, but did u open another layer mask after you add adjustment layer? actually u dun need to, cuz by adding adjustment layer there is already a mask.

Thanks Simon80 and heroneo99. Ya it work but must used black.

Status
Not open for further replies.