What sort of Speed/Aperture use for indoor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scadel

Jul 13, 2007
Day/evening time, with normal lightings, eg. dhoby ghaut mrt station inside?

Tips appreciated, totally new to SLRs, using a manual Nikon FM2 with AF Nikkor 28-85mm lens 1:3.5 - 4.5 :D

but you own a 1DsMkII..how come you will ask this question

you can try f2.8 at 1/60...

1dsmkII dad's havent touched haha.

sadly i only got one lens available atm which goes to f/3.5 max is 1/30 better?

For you, I suggest to use P mode and forget about speed/aperture.

Regards,
Arto.

For you, I suggest to use P mode and forget about speed/aperture.

Regards,
Arto.

so sorry...got to check with you...FM2 have P mode ma cause its a full manual camera? my internet not loading very fast...not able to do a lot of search on it...

There is no fix aperture or shutter speed to use. It all depends on what you want to achieve. I can set easily set it to f/22, 30s if I want to maximise DOF. Or I can use f/2.8 to isolate a subject. So don't be so anal about finding an optimum aperture/shutter speed. Rather just go out and shoot more, experiment and have fun.

There is no fix aperture or shutter speed to use. It all depends on what you want to achieve. I can set easily set it to f/22, 30s if I want to maximise DOF. Or I can use f/2.8 to isolate a subject. So don't be so anal about finding an optimum aperture/shutter speed. Rather just go out and shoot more, experiment and have fun.

but being a manual camera...would this be harder?

Hi...since this thread is on speed/aperture for indoor, i like to add an enquiry on a related topic. How about for those indoor exhibitions like communicasia, motorshow?

Thanks

Hi...since this thread is on speed/aperture for indoor, i like to add an enquiry on a related topic. How about for those indoor exhibitions like communicasia, motorshow?

Thanks
some places are brighter, some place are dimmer, how would one know the exact exposure without being there?

don't your camera has a exposure meter?

so sorry...got to check with you...FM2 have P mode ma cause its a full manual camera? my internet not loading very fast...not able to do a lot of search on it...
Ups..., my mistake..., no P mode on FM2.

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.