What software is the best you've used to process RAW images?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh currently im using lightroom only... sometimes photoshop.. any others you recommend?

oh and what functions do you usually use to edit? like temperature, tone etc thanks!

lightroom for batch processing! now i really just shoot in RAW, it's pretty convenient.

but im sure that aperture is at least as good too!

No money to buy lightroom. so using the free DPP software that comes along wif the Canon DSLR purchase. has the usual batch processing, contrast, brightness, sharpening, NR, etc. Havent used lightroom nor CS2,3,4 so dunno what I'm missing. maybe some bros can fill us up on the differences.

If you know someone in the education field. You could purchase CS4 Web premium for just $99. It's pretty cheap.

No education discount for Lightroom though.

I bought education LR2 for $152. So far I find it is good cos I've beed using CS3 for a while and only use those tools can be found in LR2. And LR2 double up as browser and organiser. I'll switch over to CS3 for creative processing tools like, mask, layers... etc... then switch back to LR2.

ive heard of Silkypix and Bibble. tried them too~ works just fine for me:sweat:!

Hi,

I have shoot Raw + Jpeg with Active-D-Lighting enabled,
notice that jpeg is much brighter than the raw,
if i will to convert myself using the supplied software (NX),
the converted jpeg will also be very bright,
any way i can convert to jpeg and still have the same brightness as raw ?

Tks

No money to buy lightroom. so using the free DPP software that comes along wif the Canon DSLR purchase. has the usual batch processing, contrast, brightness, sharpening, NR, etc. Havent used lightroom nor CS2,3,4 so dunno what I'm missing. maybe some bros can fill us up on the differences.

I am also using DPP kinda like the output of DPP and the interface...the only thing i wish of DPP is that it allows me to insert text into my pictures:cry:

CS3 for me
Then again, I did not try anything else

Ryan

DXO optics Pro V5.3 for me.

Bridge for organizing the shots,Lightroom or cs4 for the raw then Corel photo pro for anything i hate doing in cs4.

Wow... Am I the only one who uses Nikon Capture NX?

thanks for all the answers! appreciate it gives me more idea on what to explore! :)

It's always recommended to use the manufacturer's software, e.g. Nikon Capture

capture nx2. period.

i use cs3....tried before lr2 and capture nx but not used to it.

If you know someone in the education field. You could purchase CS4 Web premium for just $99. It's pretty cheap.

No education discount for Lightroom though.

CS4? Is that a new offer, because I thought it was CS3?

To TS, I tried GIMP, DPP and CS3. The first two are good considering they are free, but I think I would pay more for CS3 for its added functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.