What software is the best you've used to process RAW images?

Status
Not open for further replies.
used Silkypix before. Now using only DPP. Nice interface & quite enough speed(at least for my need):) converted-from-RAW pics are more good-looking than JPG pics...may be my perception tricks me:rolleyes:

I wish to use photoshop cs2... but, dunno why cannot open the RAW file... display error message "not supported file format..".. anybody know why?

Download the RAW plugin for photoshop from their website.

having used ACR, DPP, Aperture, and Lightroom... Lightroom is the one for me :)

Download the RAW plugin for photoshop from their website.

If you try to help it would be appreciated if you really help. The latest version of camera raw is only supported in CS4 and it would be nice if you could place a link as well.

Anyway, here is the link for version 4.6 still supporting CS3.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4040

I would say lightroom 2 is da tool for you~
Ability to tag and manipulate various settings is a plus... furthermore, search online and you can find alot of presets for automatic image manipulation.

DXO optics Pro 5.3 Automatic image adjustment for supported cameras, mostly Canon, Sony and NIKON. Their RAW processing is the cleanest

Have only tried CS3 and Capture NX.

CS3: Fast, but not much as much control and quality as Capture NX.

Capture NX: GREAT, but so slow. :(

As my RAWs are Nikon native RAWs, ie NEF, I've stuck to Capture NX, even though it really freezes my 3 year old duo-core laptop very often.

OT: Does anyone know what exactly this Nikon RGB is and how it is different from sRGB? Whatever colourspace your RAW is taken in, Capture NX works on the photos in Nikon's own colourspace. I also end up having to manual convert the colour profile to sRGB. I'm not sure if I'm doing things right.

Status
Not open for further replies.