What software do you use to view your digital photos?

What software do you [b]USUALLY[/b] use to view your digital photos?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tsk, Tsk, no multiple choice! :(

Actually, I use two other softwares in conjunction with the Nikon View 5... PaintShop Pro 7's Browser before using the software to really inspect the shots closeup after negative/slide scanning and Capture 3 for inspecting RAW images prior to any "fine-tuning".

Originally posted by SzennyBoy
Actually, I use two other softwares in conjunction with the Nikon View 5... PaintShop Pro 7's Browser before using the software [....]

yeah, where is paint shop pro 7 in that list :rbounce:

i always thought it would be more popular than, say, thumbs plus? :dunno:

Originally posted by Que Lynn

yeah, where is paint shop pro 7 in that list :rbounce:

i always thought it would be more popular than, say, thumbs plus? :dunno:

Coz I don't know that there's a file browser in there, and it's more of an image editor (ok ok, PS7 is an image editor too, but I know it has a file browser)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
Coz I don't know that there's a file browser in there, and it's more of an image editor (ok ok, PS7 is an image editor too, but I know it has a file browser)

It does have a thumbnail image browser... it's a function that has been available since PaintShop Pro 6. The short-cut key to activate it is "Ctrl-B".

Urgh! Looks like I'm the only Thumbsplus user here....

in fact i feel Windows XP Built-in Image Viewer is the best if u r using winxp, it will view the image in full of the window, with all the basic and useful functions accessible below, the speed also quite nice.

acdsee is nice, but the new ver since v4 become a bit... :eek:

Originally posted by chenwei
in fact i feel Windows XP Built-in Image Viewer is the best if u r using winxp, it will view the image in full of the window, with all the basic and useful functions accessible below, the speed also quite nice.

acdsee is nice, but the new ver since v4 become a bit... :eek:

ACDSee 5 is a lot better than 4. 4 is crap, I'd rather use 3. Don't quite like the XP one, I find the ACDSee image rendering engine better, and I can move around using only the keyboard to zoom in/out, edit, forward/back, etc :)

Regards
CK

ACDSee 5 is a lot better than 4. 4 is crap, I'd rather use 3. Don't quite like the XP one, I find the ACDSee image rendering engine better, and I can move around using only the keyboard to zoom in/out, edit, forward/back, etc :)

Regards
CK
never tried v5, mm... maybe tonite go n play around. in fact i still keep the ver 3 installer, a must install software for me. btw, the weakness is that it will lost the exif data where xp built-in one won't. ;)

never tried v5, mm... maybe tonite go n play around. in fact i still keep the ver 3 installer, a must install software for me. btw, the weakness is that it will lost the exif data where xp built-in one won't. ;)

It doesn't, at least not the lossless JPEG rotation (somehow v4 doesn't have). The slide show in ACDSee is still a bit weak though, compared to how the Apple iPhoto does it. The crossfades in iPhoto is really very smooth and nice. :)

Regards
CK

It doesn't, at least not the lossless JPEG rotation (somehow v4 doesn't have). The slide show in ACDSee is still a bit weak though, compared to how the Apple iPhoto does it. The crossfades in iPhoto is really very smooth and nice. :)

Regards
CK
u mean the jpeg rotation for v5 got no quality loss? then i got to give it a try... since winxp one will... :(

How come no BreezeBrowser? Thought it would be a hit amongst Canon users ;)

u mean the jpeg rotation for v5 got no quality loss? then i got to give it a try... since winxp one will... :(

Yup. Like ACDSee v3, the JPEG Rotation in v5 is lossless. The WinXP one is lossy I believe.

Regards
CK

Yup. Like ACDSee v3, the JPEG Rotation in v5 is lossless. The WinXP one is lossy I believe.

Regards
CK
yup... winxp one is lossy, i just realised i disabled the warning message... :bsmilie:

what about Ifranview ?? I use it since it is freeware.

Maybe I will download the acdsee v5 to try...

IrfanView rocks. I use it all the time. Also use it to generate HTML photo albums for my website. Simple, effective and neat. And no problems with any file format. It even reads 16-bit TIFFs which ACDsee doesn't (haven't tried 5 though). Been using it for a long time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.