What software do you use to publish your photos online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trigger

Aug 13, 2003
Home - where the heart is
Hi all
I am looking for a web publishing software that allows me to showcase my photos online.
I hope the application is not too difficult to use and does not take up too much time to create

I look forward to reading your comments and views on this.

Thanks
Trigger :)

i think u could try pbase. most ppl here use that. for myself i just upload them to my site server.

If you have Photoshop, you can create a simple "web gallery" page using the in-built function. Nothing fancy, but it can create thumbnails and the enlarged pictures. Once the page is created, you can add extra captions or whatever. :)

Then upload the whole thing to a web host.

AJ23 said:
If you have Photoshop, you can create a simple "web gallery" page using the in-built function. Nothing fancy, but it can create thumbnails and the enlarged pictures. Once the page is created, you can add extra captions or whatever. :)

Then upload the whole thing to a web host.

Doesn't Adobe have a specialized software for archiving and publishing photos? I think it's called Adobe Elements or something like that right?

Hey guys,
Thanks for your recommendations.
I am impressed and pleasantly surprised to have received sooo many responses.
And I do appreciate them.

I will explore the adobe option – thanks AJ23

Question for Taurus
The software you recommended is appealing.
However, I noticed that web site mentioned open source – which means Linux.
I was trying to see whether they have a windows 2000 version. Do you know whether they have one. Is the Win32 it? I was not sure.

I am looking for an easy to use web publishing software because I have some webspace to publish my photos. (But thanks for the suggestion Astin)
I would like to upload some of my better shots and share them with you guys; and receive constructive comments for improvement.

Please keep the recommendations coming.

Cheers
Trigger

trigger said:
Hey guys,
Thanks for your recommendations.
I am impressed and pleasantly surprised to have received sooo many responses.
And I do appreciate them.

I will explore the adobe option – thanks AJ23

Question for Taurus
The software you recommended is appealing.
However, I noticed that web site mentioned open source – which means Linux.
I was trying to see whether they have a windows 2000 version. Do you know whether they have one. Is the Win32 it? I was not sure.

I am looking for an easy to use web publishing software because I have some webspace to publish my photos. (But thanks for the suggestion Astin)
I would like to upload some of my better shots and share them with you guys; and receive constructive comments for improvement.

Please keep the recommendations coming.

Cheers
Trigger

Open source usually means that u can get the software to do the work for free or for a nominal fee. And these software may not be less friendly than the usual Windows equivalents. In fact some of them might be even more user friendly...

imagestation.com... free and unlimited size and bandwith =D

defn said:
imagestation.com... free and unlimited size and bandwith =D

Wow!! Good! Thanks!

Signup for ClubSNAP Webspace.

SIGNUP

The money will go to our funds to pay for the maintenance and bandwidth requirements.

Support ClubSNAP!

Simon said:
Signup for ClubSNAP Webspace.

SIGNUP

The money will go to our funds to pay for the maintenance and bandwidth requirements.

Support ClubSNAP!
Yes, we should.. :D

I already have an account with clubsnap, but thanks for informing about the availability of web space here.

And thanks to all for your suggestions and recommendation on the type of web publishing software to use. I really appreciate your sharing.

I will be exploring some of the suggestions.

Cheers
Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.