What should we give Obama?

[h=1]S’pore declared as the country that gave the worst gifts to President Barack Obama[/h]http://mothership.sg/2014/08/spore-declared-as-the-country-that-gave-the-worst-gifts-to-president-barack-obama/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...to-barack-obama-between-2009-and-2012-ranked/

What should we give Obama? :think:

One who box of instant Chili Crab seasoning (from any of the local brands) so that Michelle Obama can cook Chili Crab for her family.... can replace with instant hainanese chicken rice seasoning if the Obama can't tahan spicy food...

One who box of instant Chili Crab seasoning (from any of the local brands) so that Michelle Obama can cook Chili Crab for her family.... can replace with instant hainanese chicken rice seasoning if the Obama can't tahan spicy food...

This is a great idea!

Chilli-crab.jpg

Give durians.

actually being low on the list shows that SG never tried to bribe the USA with gifts hehe....Mexico being ranked high on the list probably needs to get in the good books of the USA given they share borders.

Give durians.

actually being low on the list shows that SG never tried to bribe the USA with gifts hehe....Mexico being ranked high on the list probably needs to get in the good books of the USA given they share borders.

If I remember correctly.... Foreign Affairs Department has strict rules regarding how much one could spend on gifts for foreign government (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Beside... except illegal or ultra expensive item... what can Singapore give Obama, as the President of The United States of America, that he Can't afford to get himself... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
yea...and singapore is giving products that are made by Singapore companies - CReative MP3 player and OSIM massage products! why did the article criticize this gift and talk about Iphone when Iphones are technically a US product (although made in china) hehe....Giving products from Singapore companies are actually relevant and shows off the country's manufacturing capabilities.

If I remember correctly.... Foreign Affairs Department has strict rules regarding how much one could spend on gifts for foreign government (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Beside... except illegal or ultra expensive item... what can Singapore give Obama, as the President of The United States of America, that he Can't afford to get himself... :bsmilie:

Here are some cheapskate presents that our gahment can give

Two boxes of 美X香 Bak Kua,
Or
Two pcs of RISIS Orchid Brooch
Or
Two boxs of Old-CXX-Kee Curry Puff
Or
Kim Chxx Bak Chang.

LOL

My first thought exactly!! Haha!!

lol, do a search in that article and look for "Singapore" we are so bad........and why all the gifts are related to Creative Labs?

lol, do a search in that article and look for "Singapore" we are so bad........and why all the gifts are related to Creative Labs?

We don't really have alot of homegrown companies not related to Food Industry.... :bsmilie:

OSIM and Creative is alot more presentable than a box of 'Tiger Balm' ointment... or 'Super' coffee mix (which is very popular in Russia... or so I've read) :sweat:

tiger-balm-red-30gr.jpg

[h=1]S’pore declared as the country that gave the worst gifts to President Barack Obama[/h]http://mothership.sg/2014/08/spore-declared-as-the-country-that-gave-the-worst-gifts-to-president-barack-obama/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...to-barack-obama-between-2009-and-2012-ranked/
What should we give Obama? :think:
Washington Post makes an article with pounds of irony and tongue in cheek and the response shows: the concept of irony needs more attention in the literature curriculum in SG schools :)
Russia got two gifts in the trash ranking, be happy to be better than them :bsmilie:

How about a Sun Ho autographed CD? We do have plenty of those lying around.

Last edited:
Give him this,

41pfimAAhCL.jpg

After learning and mastering the wit and wisdom of our great leader, the Americans will no longer hate him. If they do... they will need to repent for the next six years.