What should Newbies need to start with!!!!

MaCoy

Dec 17, 2012
Singapore
As a newbies , I start with a EOS650D with a 18-55mm IS len , 70-300mm len ,cleaning kits and lowepro 50 aw ,
whats next, should get a dry cabinet 20 / 40 / 90 L and so on ......next ....
feel free to comment, Thanks...;)

============================
★˛˚˛*˛°.˛*.˛°˛.*★˚˛*˛°.˛*.˛°˛.*★Merry*★* 。*˛.
˛°_██_*.。*./ \ .˛* .˛。.˛.*.★* Christmas*★ 。*
˛. (´• ̮•)*.。*/♫.♫\*˛.* ˛_Π_____.Everyone ˛* ˛*
.°( . • . ) ˛°./• ‘♫ ‘ •\.˛*./______/~\*. ˛*.。˛* ˛.*。
*(…’•’.. ) *˛╬╬╬╬╬˛°.|田田 |門|╬╬╬╬╬*˚ .˛ …
MΞЯЯЏ ϾHЯłSТMΛS !

Last edited:
Dry cabinet.

Other than that, experience. Shoot and shoot and shoot and you'll learn what limits you and then you'll know what you need.

Thanks Rashkae ,now thinking of joining the Gatherings and Outings, so as to lean how to shoot and shoot...

Thanks Rashkae ,now thinking of joining the Gatherings and Outings, so as to lean how to shoot and shoot...

Or just walk out of your house and shoot and shoot

The next thing after getting the dry cabinet is to understand that the singular form is "lens" and the plural form "lenses".

Get a dry cabinet n join outing or shoot with friends if u want company.
Also read up about the basics and etc..

Happy shooting. Worry less. Shoot more.

Very helpful and interesting, still need to learn from your expertise advice ,Thanks

I had a laptop 13.3 inch , should I get Vanguard –Heralder 28/33/ 38 !!!!

I had a laptop 13.3 inch , should I get Vanguard HHeralder 28/33/ 38 !!!!

Up to you if you think you need it.

My steps when starting off till now,

1) Camera (DSLR) + lens (kit lens)
2) Go out to shoot photo, found that I need more range
3) Zoom lens (55-250mm)
4) Go out to shoot more photos, found that I want to shoot closeup and macro
5) 100mm f2.8 macro lens
6) Go out and shoot more photos,
7) Learn that need to keep camera and lenses in dry cabinet, so I bought the biggest one I can afford.
8) Go out shoot some more, found that I need a good tripod because I want to shoot certain things with slow shutter speed.
9) Buy a good tripod
and so on and so for.

The point here is... you need to shoot and practice more and from these you know what you are lacking, be it skills or equipment, if it is equipment, you can easily buy or rent, if it is skills... well... practice more.

Thanks alot, need more of your advise

Refer to this newbie thread often..can learn many new stuff asked by new members here.no harm spending few mins to read up here.

priority in order;

1, dry cabinet
2, books from library on basis photography
3, plan and shoot subjects that you are interested to learn
4, take notes on your what you've learnt/shot
5, post your photos to seek comments and critics
6, take note on the suggestion and apply them on your next shoot
7, repeat 4 to 6 till you feel you have learn enough and move on to other subjects.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING unless you already fully utilize what you have or it is a necessity, and is not a "want".

Which product to prefer:
SAMURAI90L ELECTRONIC DRY CABINETGP2-90L cost SG$260 or i-Cabi HD-20L Electronic Dry Cabinet + Eiffel 7500 Professional Tripod for SG$85
or Aipo dry cabinet which Audio House is offering a 20% discount

Last edited:
Which product to prefer:
SAMURAI90L ELECTRONIC DRY CABINETGP2-90L cost SG$260 or i-Cabi HD-20L Electronic Dry Cabinet + Eiffel 7500 Professional Tripod for SG$85

Ask yourself, do you think you will have a lot of equipment to buy as for now? If not then get a decent size of the dry cabinet like 30L will be sufficient in my opinion. And it is a must for dry cabinet.

There are two aspects u need to learn.
1- technical aspect
2- creative aspect
Wonderful photos are created when both r at their best.
For creative aspect improvement u dont need awesome gear, study rule of compositions like rule of thirds available on youtube tutorials and many blogs.
This will greatly improve the photos u take.

Which product to prefer:
Get a decent Digi 30l or 60l to have some space. Drop things with fancy names.
For $85 dollars you won't get any 'professional tripod' ...
For both topics please read the sticky threads on top of the subforum Equipment - Others.

Which product to prefer:

For tripod, you won't get a good one for that price. But of course, the tripod you get depends a lot on where you shoot. If it's just in the studio/at home, any tripod that doesn't collapse when you place the camera on it is fine (of course, it shouldn't wobble as well). If you're going to shoot seascapes or anywhere where the wind is strong, you'll want something better. And those can be expensive.

To chip- i got my francier tripod from tagotech delivered to my place. Pretty sturdy and value for money.

How to distinguish the ability of the tripod, Thanks