What should I have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manda

Jun 23, 2006
Singapore
www.amandaherbert.com
I really need advice on this one.

The day was hazy with strong sun light. I didn't have a polariser & tried a variety of tricks to get the correct exposure.

I played around with metering; ISO; AE whilst trying out manual/shutterspeed or aperture priority mode without much success!

Please share your thoughts on what settings I might have used!

336165026_de9929c7f2.jpg

Looks like you did a good job under the circumstances.

Assuming you were shooting digital, I would combine two or more exposures (one under, one over) in Photoshop to bring out the highlights and shadows. No, not using HDR, but manually.

There will always be situations like this.
I don't think you could remove the haze,i would try to shoot another day.
Make the best out of what is presented.

looks ok to me. If you wanted to preserve the highlights, you can try what streetshooter suggested, but I strongly advocate the use of filters to get it right at the source. Filters you might want to look at are graduated and polarising filters. These make great differences to images and should be purchased before additional lenses and stuff if you're doing landscapes.

Manda I’m not a pro like most of the users here, but I have a tip: if you don’t have filters with you, try to place your sunglasses in front of your camera lens, it does wonders. :cool:

Looks like you did a good job under the circumstances.

Assuming you were shooting digital, I would combine two or more exposures (one under, one over) in Photoshop to bring out the highlights and shadows. No, not using HDR, but manually.

sure need a tripod... and simplest i guess would be doing bracketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.