What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Example scenario:
"Let say that IF my company is a registered with roc. A wedding planner took some of my works and showcase in his portfolio for his profit without giving a credit as well as not asking any permission from me. What should I do? Any advise?":dunno::dunno:

1. collect evidence
2. issue letter of demand +invoice to pay usage fee for usage use thus far.
3. option for them to pay usage fee or face legal action.
4. even if they take it off right away, they still need to pay fee for prior usage.
5. many big ad agencies have paid up following this steps as they have too much to lose.

1. collect evidence
2. issue letter of demand +invoice to pay usage fee for usage use thus far.
3. option for them to pay usage fee or face legal action.
4. even if they take it off right away, they still need to pay fee for prior usage.
5. many big ad agencies have paid up following this steps as they have too much to lose.

Thanks bro.appreciate that advise.:)

Instant evidence will be doing a print sreen of the wedding planner website showcasing your works.

Hi, How did you find out in the first place?

You can PM one of the user here, his user name is mo2. He has successfully taken legal action against someone who uses his work, perhaps he can advise you :)

Mo2 Here ...

Just happenned to browse Clubsnap & saw your thread...

It is indeed instant evidence to do a print sreen of your pictures used on the wedding planner's website to use as proof if you intend to sue them.

You'll also have to produce your original files to verify you're the author of the pictures.

Do a 'Whois' search to get the details of the domain owner to present to your lawyer to follow up with a letter of demand for compensation to the wedding planner.

Depending on the extent of infringement, the amount compensated varies.
I was compensated $15k for about 30 images used without my permission.
And i'm talking only about OUT OF COURT SETTLEMENT !!

I can recommend my lawyer to you if you need, just pm me.

BUT if the wedding planner dont have website, your customer will have to act as witness on the stand when it goes to court.

regards,
Albert

PS ... I just have to add ...

JOIN US @ WPAS (Wedding Photographers Association of Singapore)to protect your rights and grow in your photography together with the professionals...

:)

You can PM one of the user here, his user name is mo2. He has successfully taken legal action against someone who uses his work, perhaps he can advise you :)

Actually my cust borrowed her wedding pics CD to her wedding planner due to some reason and to her surprise ,the wedding planner took some of her photo without permission for thier portfolio:angry:.

Did the wedding planner have any brochure, leaflet etc so your friend can help you get some copies.

Best excuse will be using a hp cam to take pics of their portfoilo preferbly showing the company's name, saying that they like to show it to their family for opinions.

JOIN US @ WPAS (Wedding Photographers Association of Singapore)to protect your rights and grow in your photography together with the professionals...

Bro,
OUT OF COURT SETTLEMENT comes with a non-disclosure clause, take care.:nono:

Can't help selling WPAS? take care, :nono: scarly kenna ban again.:bigeyes: :bsmilie:

Ahh !!! Yes ..... Non-Disclosure Indeed ... But No Names were mentioned by me ....
Links were just added to my webby .... 'Everafter sues Freelance Photographer for copyright infringement' ...

It's true that naming the accused causing further 'Deframation' to them, i can get counter sued. So better tread carefully. REMEMBER NO NAME DROPPING AFTER CASE ... UNLESS BY OTHERS THAN YOURSELF ...

Why .... WPAS ....
We are new
We need support
Local wedding community needs the association
We need more membership before big brands are going to support us.
We need portals to support us
We need you just like you need us when the time comes.
It's not easy but we'll persevere for the good of society.
So do be patient with us, lend us your support

Bro,
OUT OF COURT SETTLEMENT comes with a non-disclosure clause, take care.:nono:

Can't help selling WPAS? take care, :nono: scarly kenna ban again.:bigeyes: :bsmilie:

Did the wedding planner have any brochure, leaflet etc so your friend can help you get some copies.

Best excuse will be using a hp cam to take pics of their portfoilo preferbly showing the company's name, saying that they like to show it to their family for opinions.
Right now I need more evidence b4 proceeding anything.My cust have no longer communicate with the wedding planner as they have some arguement lately..Will try to ask some friends of mine to help me then..Will update in here soon once I get an evidence.Thanks guys .really appreciate u guys help.:thumbsup:

Mo2 Here ...

Just happenned to browse Clubsnap & saw your thread...

It is indeed instant evidence to do a print sreen of your pictures used on the wedding planner's website to use as proof if you intend to sue them.

You'll also have to produce your original files to verify you're the author of the pictures.

Do a 'Whois' search to get the details of the domain owner to present to your lawyer to follow up with a letter of demand for compensation to the wedding planner.

I can recommend my lawyer to you if you need, just pm me.

BUT if the wedding planner dont have website, your customer will have to act as witness on the stand when it goes to court.

regards,
Albert

Thanks bro,appreciate ur help.Will update once I have an evidence,thanks bro.....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.