What should I do with my [mju:] - II Zoom 170??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiven

Hi.. I hv this film camera which i bought in 2002. It's [mju:]II Zoom 170
Looks something like this:
B00005ATZP.01.PT02._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

What should I do with it? Sell or keep? If sell? Where to sell? How much can it fetch.. I remember paying ard $400 for it.. haiz... If keep.. I find it troublesome to take with film...Haiz...

It's such a damn if u do, damn if you don't sort of situation... :angry:

Give it away to someone who can make good use of it? I have donated a few of my old film P&S to charity... they give it to the poor in the 3rd world nations.

Keep them man, keep them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have my old OM2n and several others since 1980, also one Kodak Instamatic 233, which my wife had when she was a child. I actually regreted selling my even older cameras for the 1970's.

You'll love looking at them when you get old! Because my guess is you are (well) under 30, am I right? Non of my business of corse.

Hmm gd to hear fr diff people's perspective.. yup u r right.. well under 30.. n y r u on the forum at 3.31 am.. but that's "non of my business of course".. keke ;p

jiven said:
... n y r u on the forum at 3.31 am.. but that's "non of my business of course".. keke ;p
...there could be several simple explanations. :think:

1. OlyFlyer don't sleep at all
2. OlyFlyer lives a different life, sleeps during the day.
3. OlyFlyer likes to post so that you don't have a chance to answer at once

:nono:

Actually, it is much simpler than that. I live in a different time zone. In Sweden more precisely, where the time right now is 20:45. ;)

I was probably sound asleep at 3.31 am, just like most people. Even at my age (just over 50) people need sleep. :)

ahhh... pardon me.. I seemed to have forgetten how the Internet has brought the people ard the world closer... at the point of typing the prior msg.. i was thinking u r a middle age man fr Singapore.. keke..

Did it stop working? If not, why don't you use it? That's what you intended when you bought it in 2002, right?

If you think film is troublesome, wait till you have to do your own post-processing and printing... Not to mention charging your camera and all...

jiven said:
Hi.. I hv this film camera which i bought in 2002. It's [mju:]II Zoom 170
Looks something like this:
B00005ATZP.01.PT02._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

What should I do with it? Sell or keep? If sell? Where to sell? How much can it fetch.. I remember paying ard $400 for it.. haiz... If keep.. I find it troublesome to take with film...Haiz...

It's such a damn if u do, damn if you don't sort of situation... :angry:

I guess one major disadvantage of film camera is that you can't preview ur shots till after the film is processed.. Unless one is very certain that every shot taken 'can make it wan", one'll feel uneasy using a film camera..

Moreover, it's more expensive to buy the film n process the images.. even if u don't want the prints.

bro, seriously, its good as a paper weight! ( joking) hehehehee....;) try selling 2 a bangala on sunday @ tekka market, bangala also go digital liao.

jiven said:
ahhh... pardon me.. I seemed to have forgetten how the Internet has brought the people ard the world closer... at the point of typing the prior msg.. i was thinking u r a middle age man fr Singapore.. keke..
You don't have to apologize, no harm done. Actually, I think quite many CSer is not thinking about the fact that other people may also become members.

True. But you have one advantage that SLR users don't-- your viewfinder doesn't black out during exposure. So you should be able to see exactly what was captured, see if anyone blinked.

Film is cheap if you don't shoot a lot. If you do shoot a lot, I guess you wouldn't be using the [mju:] - II Zoom 170 anyway.

Film is only $3-4 per roll and developing is $3-4.50, depending where you go. 4R prints are 30-40 cents per piece, they are optional and you can choose to print only the good ones if you want to save.

Most labs will give you a package of developing + 4R prints and throw in a S8R for free. If you think about it, it's quite attractive, since you would normally pay $5-8 for a S8R print.

Scanning is the killer, if you get the lab to scan 16base, could cost you $10 or so-- better get your own scanner if you really need to scan.

jiven said:
I guess one major disadvantage of film camera is that you can't preview ur shots till after the film is processed.. Unless one is very certain that every shot taken 'can make it wan", one'll feel uneasy using a film camera..

Moreover, it's more expensive to buy the film n process the images.. even if u don't want the prints.

Status
Not open for further replies.