what setup would you bring oversea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilbertGoh

Aug 16, 2005
Singapore
hi Guys,

I dun know how to put this, but i just wanted to find out what you all normally carry (camera related) when you travel?

the camera (DSLR or P&S or ProConsumer)(if can model too)
the setup you would carry etc...flash,lens,tripod, accessaries....

if possible give the reason when you carry what you carry and if it is not too much to ask the model too..

Woah bro, you going overseas ah?
Bring all your gear lah... u so strong...
Haven't gone overseas with my DSLR yet, but I'll prob bring my 10D w/o the grip and 17-40. Maybe the 50 1.8 as well for low light.
And definitely the LX-1. Takes excellent outdoor pics, plus it's wide angle.

no la. just wanted to know what the general public would bring and why lo.
btw i was and will never be strong, only got oil.....
lol :p

hi Guys,

I dun know how to put this, but i just wanted to find out what you all normally carry (camera related) when you travel?

the camera (DSLR or P&S or ProConsumer)(if can model too)
the setup you would carry etc...flash,lens,tripod, accessaries....

if possible give the reason when you carry what you carry and if it is not too much to ask the model too..

well, that's kinda very subjective isn't it... :think:
A person with a pns, will prob only bring a pns.

My usual travel package includes D70s, 18-70 kit, 24f2.8, polariser, extra battery, memory card, mini tripod. Lens cloth n blower.

S3pro or D2H + 12-24 (wide landscape) + 18-70 (general purpose) + 50mm f1.4 (low light) + extra batteries + extra mem card + external harddisk backup + lens cleaner. :bsmilie:

My gf would be her PnS. :bsmilie:

For me, would be a D200 without grip, 12-24mm, 18-200mm, SB-800, CPLII, ND4, ND8, Gitzo GT2540 + Markins M10 ballhead & OTG. :lovegrin:

Canon 400d, 10-22, hdd, cf.

D80 + 18-200VR (soon :p ) and a Canon PnS .... that's about the oni gear I have.:embrass:

one camera body, one fun cam(holga, whatever).. one wide, one wide prime and one tele prime. 580ex and all those accessories/filters needed. that will suffice for me.

I used to bring my 350D w/ batt grip, kit lens, tamron 28-75mm and a crap lightweight tripod... my friends/family would bring the pns so i don't have to bring... :bsmilie:

i just sold my cam and grip...
but for my next trip i'm planning to bring a 30D with grip, tamron 28-75mm, 580EX with LS, gtizo GT2530 and RRS BH-40 with L plate, uv and pol filters, extra batt, and if i still got the moolah i'll get the ef-s 10-22mm...

this covers my wide to short tele range, and the flash is good for night portraits.. IF i had the money i'd get the 70-200mm f4 IS too... for the occasional telephoto landscapes or shooting far away... but that's the least of my priorities...

thinking of getting a whickey and coz to store my stuff coz it's much safer when travelling overseas and people can't open ur bag from outside... but i need to check if my future laptop can fit in...
:thumbsup:

Depends on the event. If its not a holiday ... 1DS MKII Camera with 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L, 50mm f1.4, 85mm f1.2L plus Additional Memory, 2 x 580-EX Flash, Cleaner, filters and a light tripod that can handle the equipment in a hard carry case.

If its a holiday ... as little as possible ... Canon 10D with 2 lenses or a Canon Ixus without a tripod.

thanks for the interesting replies....
keep them coming.

With my current setup, it will be:

1. 10-22mm
2. 24-105L
3. 2x 1Gb CF
4. Notebook
5. 580EX
6. 350D
7. Blower
8. Polarizer
9. Tripod
10. Camera bag.
11. 2x spare batteries + 1 set of AAs

i just got back from a holiday with body + grip + 17-35mm + 10-20mm + 70-300mm + 580ex + lightweight tripod + filters +spare camera batts + spare AA batts + digimate

used the 17-35mm most of the time, 10-20mm (probably used it 12 times?) and 70-300mm (5 times)...580ex(pretty often) and tripod (2-3 times)..

i will prob just bring the body+grip and get myself a 18-200mm and a 580EX if i travel again...

but of course, if its a photographic trip....i think i will bring everything again..;p

not sure, but with my current setup most probably only:
d50 + Tokina 12-24 + Tamron 28-75 and 2x TC <~ very useful for close up when used with 28-75. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.