What settings you use?

LearnFromBasic

Jul 8, 2010
Bishan (Central)
www.flickr.com
Hi all, I would like to how what setting do you people usually use for panting. I'm using 550D and i hate panting seeing only the side of the car. I want to learn how to pant from the from and the side of a car.

dude that sounds so wrong...

panting is what you do when you're out of breath... like after a period of strenuous physical activity...

I think he means panning.
shutter priority mode. 1/60s - 1/10s (as a guide)

Ya settings for panting. Some people can pant very nice especially on car. I only know how to pant the sides of the car which I find it very ugly.

Ya settings for panting. Some people can pant very nice especially on car. I only know how to pant the sides of the car which I find it very ugly.

I'm still having difficulty understanding what are you referring to. If you wish to pant you can take a long run and you'll be panting :bsmilie:

It's either light painting or panning.

For panting, i find dogs are masters of panting techniques.

It's either light painting or panning.

For panting, i find dogs are masters of panting techniques.

KVBCD00Z.jpg

Lololol.

Panting is a difficult skill to learn.

TS,
When someone has already corrected your spelling, it is better to use the proper spelling Panning not Panting, if you want to avoid being flamed to a crisp or slimed into the ground.

Anyway, you need to show some examples of what you are trying to achieve if you want help.

Hi all, I would like to how what setting do you people usually use for panting. I'm using 550D and i hate panting seeing only the side of the car. I want to learn how to pant from the from and the side of a car.

If I want to pant from the side of a car, I will run very fast for 5 mins ending the run beside a car... I will surely pant... and I will be beside a car. There you go. :bsmilie:

Er... can you take a hint? Coolthought has already corrected your spelling.

I suggest you Google "Panning photos"

Among other results:
http://www.digital-photography-school.com/mastering-panning-to-photograph-moving-subjects

I don't wanna know what you get if you google "Panting photos"

another thing to watch out for is the f-stop. adjust iso setting so that f-stop will be ideally from f8-f11 and no more than f16.

Other settings like use continuous focus mode and shoot in several burst of shot for a single pass to get a good hit rate.

if you want to shoot the front of the car, position such that you can shoot the front of the car. Nothing different from shooting the side.

My setting is 3 pant/sec after my 2.4km run......so should be the same for chasing car....