What settings to calibrate using GretagMacbeth i-one 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaidenII

Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
Hi,

as above, what is the best settings to set for calibrating the crt monitor?
Options such as the colour temp, gamma and luminace.

I've tried colour temp at native white and 6500, gamma at 2.2 and luminace at 100 (for CRT). I find that colour temp at 6500 gives too much warm colours, while native white gives true white. Any comments on this?

Once your monitor is calibrated, doesn't matter really what color temp you use, because the colors will be adjusted accordingly.

I set color temp to be 6500K, gamma 2.2, luminance at 100 for CRT in office. :)

But I do see a difference between native white and 6500. Would that affect my printouts if I send my photos to the lab?

Nope, when you do your image editing, just process to what you feel is right, what you see will be correct, doesn't matter if you use 9300K or 5000K color temp. :)

espn said:
Nope, when you do your image editing, just process to what you feel is right, what you see will be correct, doesn't matter if you use 9300K or 5000K color temp. :)

No... it actually makes a lot of diff from 5000K to 9300K (warm->cold).

Stick to D50/5000K if you're target CYMK print, otherwise D65/6500K.

Your eyes takes a while to adjust to the right color.

Consultation svc available... :devil:

oeyvind said:
No... it actually makes a lot of diff from 5000K to 9300K (warm->cold).

Stick to D50/5000K if you're target CYMK print, otherwise D65/6500K.

Your eyes takes a while to adjust to the right color.

Consultation svc available... :devil:
Online consultation svc?

Frankly, I did once calibrate at 9300 and 6500 and 5000, apart from the warmness/coolness, I noted the images after processing are all the same, isn't it something to do with the RGB controls instead?

Thus my conclusion that it doesn't matter cause the images are still correct looking to me.

:dunno:

I'm using images scanned from my slides, so what colour temp do you think is good? I prefer native white, as whites looks white.

i find that 6500k gives the most natural whites (i.e. outdoors). Native white seems like something you see in brightly lit rooms with rows of fluorescent tubes.

So i guess it depends what sort of pics you take. If you take outdoor shots most of the time, 9300k white (or 'native' white) is the most unnatural white to me.... I'm looking out the window now and looking at the white objects/buildings... nothing looks like 9300k white :)

Status
Not open for further replies.