What setting for night potrait maybe at orchard road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunkist

Jul 7, 2002
any prefer setting, can share with me? need good flash ?or wat? thanks.

sunkist said:
any prefer setting, can share with me? need good flash ?or wat? thanks.

I think it all depends on what you are going to take, which part of Orchard, and also, how's the lighting condition at that spot.

In some part of Orchard road, it could be bright enough that you do not need to have very slow shuttle speed and large aperature.

Flash? May or maybe not, depends...again...

i talking abt potrait shot here. bro :) it really depend? tot i could get a "bao" everything setting.

sunkist said:
i talking abt potrait shot here. bro :) it really depend? tot i could get a "bao" everything setting.

There is no one size fits all hat lar....portrait shots...hmmmm....external flash with omni bounce...bounce card...that could be better....outdoor nite portrait will be interestingly challenging...need to ensure no under or over exposure when use external flash, aperature need to set correctly, need to have some ceiling to bounce the light, else, need a bounce card....direct flash may not obtain good result...

In the event if you don't have a bounce card, or if it is an outdoor situation without a ceiling; one option is you could use direct flash, but place a while handerchief over the flash. Experment with it as it will output a softer flash on your subject's face.

snowspeeder said:
In the event if you don't have a bounce card, or if it is an outdoor situation without a ceiling; one option is you could use direct flash, but place a while handerchief over the flash. Experment with it as it will output a softer flash on your subject's face.

I think tissue paper also can do the same. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.