What SDHC card to get Scandisk, kingston or lexar???

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1kid

Sep 22, 2008
I know my question look stoodpi but i was wondering why the price so much difference between kingston and scandisk SD card. I also heard from friends that kingston got a lot of imitation and spolit easier and best to get scandisk or lexar is it... i am looking for a 16GB SD card....

Anyway can a D90 read 32gb SD card????

eh i hope u r comparing like for like... amongst SD cards of same brand there are also different speeds = different price

but for ur D90 i'd recommend Sandisk Extreme III

wah extreme III qutie expensive right? about 80 plus? i saw 8gd sandisk utlra SDHC card for $35 at comex is it gd deal?

If your SD card is too slow, it will take much longer for your camera to clear it's buffer. For a D90, get at least Extreme III prices.

Welcome to the world of DSLR "bleed money" side expenses. ;)

Xiong man... so scadisk better than kingston la is it... Lexar leh? gd or not huh... but personally u all recommend to buy how many gb?

I know my question look stoodpi but i was wondering why the price so much difference between kingston and scandisk SD card. I also heard from friends that kingston got a lot of imitation and spolit easier and best to get scandisk or lexar is it... i am looking for a 16GB SD card....

Anyway can a D90 read 32gb SD card????

the disadvantage of having big big cards is that when they fail, they take all your photos with them.

i use a pentax k20d (14+ megapixels), i do fine with a 4gb card even on 2 week long holidays. the issue is being more selective with keeping shots, dump anything that really isn't worth keeping. that will improve your photography in the long run.

anyways, for all the brands, quality wise sama sama, but sandisk has the fastest cards i think, if you're willing to pay the price for the fastest cards. :)

By the way, it's Sandisk and not Scandisk.

LoL. I agree wif Nightmare- I use 8gb rather than 4gb or 16/32gb. U never know when these electronic cards gonna fail on u- it will, just like my knees.... fail u when u least expected them to. and if u have 32gb of data, good luck.... If u have 3 different 8gb memory cards, better risk management...

Just came back from COMEX and here's some info to share:

8 GB Pendrive (Class 6) - $27.90 ( I came across one booth selling $27, but cannot find it)
8 GB Ultra II (Class 4) - $34
8 GB Extreme III CF - $66
8 GB Extreme III SD - $53 (But another booth charge $80), so better shop around to ask- price variance too great- didnt buy bcos price not value for its speed.

After saving about $8 - $10 for the memory cards, I happily went out to go home.
Reached the carpark exit and the Electronic Meter says $10.00 ......:thumbsd:
Whatever savings all returned to carpark operator.... (and u cant even find parking, bcos everywhere full house- I made like 3 turns around suntec/marina area before finding a lot:sweat:)

So, some advice to fellow fotogs: TAKE MRT, save at least $15..... (petrol, parking, road rage,...)

btw, ALL the carpark operators around the vicinity (millenia walk, marina, suntec, hotels) ALL INCREASED ITS PARKING FEES during the duration of the COMEX to profit from unsuspecting drivers.

Take MRT and the savings can buy u a few 8 GB memory cards...

8 GB will be a good cause even shooting raw pics u will still have lots of memory space

wah extreme III qutie expensive right? about 80 plus? i saw 8gd sandisk utlra SDHC card for $35 at comex is it gd deal?

yup ex... but u pay for what u get yah...from what i understand the extreme III is a collaboration between Sandisk n Nikon n optimized to meet the capabilities of the D90 (i'm quoting from Sandisk website)

if u intend to be maximising the 4.5fps of the D90 or shooting video w full HD, i'd very much prefer to get the fastest available card... but then not sure if anyone has tested it side by side with the Ultra II for performance

as for size, if u have a tight budget i believe 4gb should more than suffice for regular shooting and regular downloading into hard disk. but recommend is for 8gb for occassions when u r not able to download ur pics into hard disk (example on long overseas trip)

Last edited:
yup ex... but u pay for what u get yah...from what i understand the extreme III is a collaboration between Sandisk n Nikon n optimized to meet the capabilities of the D90 (i'm quoting from Sandisk website)

That's elegant marketing rubbish. There's no D90 optimization in there.

http://www.sandisk.com/products/imaging-cards/sandisk-extreme-iii-sd-and-sdhc-cards.aspx

Sandisk said:
A winning collaboration between card and camera, the up to 30MB/s Edition is the only card designed to optimize the capabilities of Nikon's D90TM digital SLR camera, for up to 50 percent greater continuous shooting speed than standard SDHCTMcards. Driven by SanDisk's shared passion for giving photographers the ultimate DSLR experience, Nikon developed the D90 camera to take full advantage of the 30MB/s Edition's unique performance attributes.

i'm not even sure what they mean. but extreme III has been around for a while, before d90 was released.. maybe they are talking specifically about the "up to 30mb/s edition".. :dunno:

That's elegant marketing rubbish. There's no D90 optimization in there.

http://www.sandisk.com/products/imaging-cards/sandisk-extreme-iii-sd-and-sdhc-cards.aspx

i'm not even sure what they mean. but extreme III has been around for a while, before d90 was released.. maybe they are talking specifically about the "up to 30mb/s edition".. :dunno:

yup probably marketing, also don't know to what extend, but surely there's some kind of collaboration since it's officially on the website... but whatever the case, the Extreme III at 30mb/s, can't go wrong lah

but i think D90 DSLR nowadays got buffer where the image will be store over there before being convert into the SD card. I think unless i keep continually shoot 30 raw pic at one go i dun think it will be a problem for the D90 to process.

I plan to buy 16gb wan cos i want to shoot RAW rather than JPE and 4gb wan only can shoot 100 plus raw so buy 16gb i think more convient

but i think D90 DSLR nowadays got buffer where the image will be store over there before being convert into the SD card. I think unless i keep continually shoot 30 raw pic at one go i dun think it will be a problem for the D90 to process.

I plan to buy 16gb wan cos i want to shoot RAW rather than JPE and 4gb wan only can shoot 100 plus raw so buy 16gb i think more convient

:thumbsup: yup bro good choice to get what u want based on what u need and what u want to pay. ;)

:thumbsup: yup bro good choice to get what u want based on what u need and what u want to pay. ;)

yeah tomorrow go back check up the best deal ba... any people know the price of kingston sandisk and lexar SD card price???

Park my car at HDB and took MRT to COMEX....

LoL. I agree wif Nightmare- I use 8gb rather than 4gb or 16/32gb. U never know when these electronic cards gonna fail on u- it will, just like my knees.... fail u when u least expected them to. and if u have 32gb of data, good luck.... If u have 3 different 8gb memory cards, better risk management...

Just came back from COMEX and here's some info to share:

8 GB Pendrive (Class 6) - $27.90 ( I came across one booth selling $27, but cannot find it)
8 GB Ultra II (Class 4) - $34
8 GB Extreme III CF - $66
8 GB Extreme III SD - $53 (But another booth charge $80), so better shop around to ask- price variance too great- didnt buy bcos price not value for its speed.

After saving about $8 - $10 for the memory cards, I happily went out to go home.
Reached the carpark exit and the Electronic Meter says $10.00 ......:thumbsd:
Whatever savings all returned to carpark operator.... (and u cant even find parking, bcos everywhere full house- I made like 3 turns around suntec/marina area before finding a lot:sweat:)

So, some advice to fellow fotogs: TAKE MRT, save at least $15..... (petrol, parking, road rage,...)

btw, ALL the carpark operators around the vicinity (millenia walk, marina, suntec, hotels) ALL INCREASED ITS PARKING FEES during the duration of the COMEX to profit from unsuspecting drivers.

Take MRT and the savings can buy u a few 8 GB memory cards...

Actually i'm looking for Sandisk 16GB microSD for my phone as my 8GB one kapoot liao. Will head down later to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.