What Scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisYeo

Mar 22, 2004
Hope someone can help out here. Is it true that a lower range flatbed photo scanner is good enough to scan prints, that I do not need the higher range (and more expensive) models? I am a photo enthusiast and not going professional any time soon. I am dabbling with some medium format film and does this mean that these lower range scanners would have problems scanning MF? Or should i go the middle road and get a middle range one that would do both? What's your experience?

Chris

Snowcrash

Jan 18, 2002
Western SG
Visit site
What's the end product you want?

Mine I need only presentation using LCD projector... so no need too high resolution to scan my 3R/4R prints. Just bought a canon 3200F.

As for MF you mean to scan in the film negative or print?,

you can take a look at epson 3170 ro 4870 photo if you intend to scan in film negative.

ChrisYeo

Mar 22, 2004
Snowcrash said:
What's the end product you want?

Mine I need only presentation using LCD projector... so no need too high resolution to scan my 3R/4R prints. Just bought a canon 3200F.

As for MF you mean to scan in the film negative or print?,

you can take a look at epson 3170 ro 4870 photo if you intend to scan in film negative.
From print: I would like to print the photos again and posting on website.
From negative: both 35mm and medium format

JermsDayOut

Aug 19, 2003
www.instagram.com
initially i got the ScanDual IV... felt it couldn't do the job since i had MF's to scan so plunked in for the Epson 4870

it also does scans for prints. i would say, it was worth the price i paid for it.

ChrisYeo

Mar 22, 2004
Thnks for the advice!

Ah Pao

Nov 7, 2003
Singapore
www.facebook.com
If you can do some research, it would be good to take note of the scanner's optical density (Dmax)/dynamic range...the higher the better, but also more expensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.