What resolution do you shoot at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

synapseman

May 6, 2003
State of Confusion
www.pbase.com
Just wondering, do you always shoot at maximum resolution at the highest quality settings all the time?

Or are you more selective? What, according to you, determines the resolution/quality settings?

Thanks.

U determine it. what r u using the images for

i always shoot at 5mp (mine is a 5mp cam) cos i have the mentality that when i DO NOT shoot at 5mp if i dun think it's needed, murphy is gonna pay me a visit and i'll eventually need it at 5mp! hahaah

but i dun shoot at the best quality. will use best quality if i am SURE i will need to print it. even then i can't really tell all that much difference. :dunno:

I shoot at 3MP all the time. Two reasons. Mainly because its my highest resolution on my camera (D30) and also, 3MP is a good compromise between quality and file size.

If I had a 6MP cam, I would still shoot at 3MP unless I am sure that I will be printing the image. Then I use RAW 6MP.

always shoot at 6MP fine setting (2nd highest setting - highest creates a TIFF file). allows me to print big if required.

Desired setting:
3 MP routine to save space and 5MP for the special pictures. Still looking for one that offers that. Usually the next lower setting is 2MP.

I'll shoot at 5MP RAW if I can afford to wait for the lag. Else 5MP fine JPEG.

Hi,

Depends. For snapshots, etc, I use mid or low res. For the "real" shots, the full res. Never shot raw - too troublesome and take up too much space though it's supposed to give superior quality. :)

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.