what r the good budget portrait and landscape for canon 60d?

jin1421

Aug 24, 2011
Singapore City, Singapore
HI, im just started to use dsl camera, what are the lens for portrait and landscape you guys recommend?? my budget is limited ya... is there any cheap and nice result lens for me?:)

HI, im just started to use dsl camera, what are the lens for portrait and landscape you guys recommend?? my budget is limited ya... is there any cheap and nice result lens for me?:)

How about starting with the kit lens?

1) Body is not relevant, go check and search our forum here for budget canon EOS lens..
2) No budget, bros here hard to advise.
3) 50mm f1.8 dirt cheap and good.

no offense, i oso noob now, but i always search the forums for information rather than pple spoonfeed.. :)

Last edited:
Thanks bro~~ 50mm f1.8 surely will get one ya but i am considering 17-85mm IS USM f4.0 and 18-135 f3.5 IS lens~~ between this two i gt no idea which lens take better picture result~

Thanks bro~~ 50mm f1.8 surely will get one ya but i am considering 17-85mm IS USM f4.0 and 18-135 f3.5 IS lens~~ between this two i gt no idea which lens take better picture result~

1. Read the online reviews. They are there for a reason.
2. "Better picture result" is relative. How do you think those 2 lenses will be better than your kit lens? What are you looking to achieve? Longer telephoto range?
3. Read up more. Rent the lenses first. Then you'll know if you even need any new lens or if the limitation is behind the camera.

What lens(es) do you have now?

"cheap and nice result" lens eh? Sounds like you're searching for the Holy Grail :)

TS: your kits lens is able to deliver nice results. You paid for it already, so it's the cheapest possible option. If the results are not nice then chances are high that the problem is behind the viewfinder, not with the lens. In other words: practice, practice, practice. Equipment will only help if you know how to use it.

Kit lens + 50mm f1.8 = FTW :)

Day time use kit night time use 50mm, good combo

Day time use kit night time use 50mm, good combo

you can actually use either lens at any time of the day.

there's no rule that says there's a "night time lens" or a "day time lens"

it all boils down to how you use them, and the equipment that you have to get the picture right

Actually all the lenses can do what you have stated. And by limited... you means... what? To some limited by be $100, to other it might be $10000, so which is you?

And actually Canon's kit lens is pretty good. Just learned to use better techniques, composition, etc to achieve good result. And if you die die must change lens, maybe you can looked at third party lenses as well,

1) Tamron 17-50mm VC or non-VC (extremely popular here)
2) Sigma 17-70mm (pretty decent, I owned one, couldn't say I loved it, but it did its purpose)
3) Tamron 18-270mm

Of course for Canon own brand the more popular type would be,

1) 17-55mm f2.8
2) 17-40mm f4L, and
3) 15-85mm
4) 18-200mm
5) 18-135mm

Last edited: