What profiles you use in noise ninja?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
Hi all,

Anybody useing Noise Ninja as a plugin in PS? What kind of settings do you guys use to remove noise from your photos taking using the various ISOs?

Can share? Thanks! A bit overwhelmed by the different parameters :think:

Things like smoothness, strength, constrast, etc...

Auto profile will do fine

Where can i find noise ninja, is it free or a paid item? Sorry i sua gu. Never used this before.

I'm using noise ninja - totally love it. Would recommend - worth the investment imho.

jonzilla said:
I'm using noise ninja - totally love it. Would recommend - worth the investment imho.

Hi jonzilla, what settings do you usually use? If it is default, can you share what are the default settings? thanks!

Ok, so

1) I save the rebelXT profile in my HD,
2) open the plugin in my CS2,
3) copy the nzp files into my plugin
4) set the profile policy and fallback policy

then done?

The parameters settings i get is all 10 for strength, smoothnes and contrast. While its 60 for USM amount. Is this correct?

yehosaphat said:
Thanks! will try it out. But curious... from the layman pt of view, shouldn't there be a profile for each ISO setting since each ISO level introduces diferent level of noise? :dunno:

When you download the profile of your camera from PictureCode, the profile should have settings for each ISO setting (true for my Nikon cameras but no experience in Canon profiles). Then you set NN to automatically use the profiles. The plugin will use the profile according to the ISO setting you use for your pictures. Of course you can also adjust it further if you don't like the profile settings for a particular image.

If you want to make your won profiles for your own cameras, it is very easy (read the PDF file in your program folder). You just bring out a chart (stored in the NN program folder) and shoot at it using various ISO settings and create the profiles from the program. It takes only a few minutes.

You should read the PDF manual come with the program and you'll learn much more.

Oh yes there are indeed different profiles for each ISO setting ;) but is there difference between the 350D ISO 800 and RebelXTi ISO 800 that comes together in the pack?

Sorry, haven gotten down to read the manual yet ;p

yehosaphat said:
Oh yes there are indeed different profiles for each ISO setting ;) but is there difference between the 350D ISO 800 and RebelXTi ISO 800 that comes together in the pack?

tink so... both using digic2 anyway...
and why bother about those tiny tiny difference? :dunno:

ExplorerZ said:
tink so... both using digic2 anyway...
and why bother about those tiny tiny difference? :dunno:

Well cos of curiosity and not sure if the difference is tiny tiny ;) anyway thanks!

yehosaphat said:
Well cos of curiosity and not sure if the difference is tiny tiny ;) anyway thanks!
or maybe you can customise one profile for XTi and upload there ;)

ExplorerZ said:
or maybe you can customise one profile for XTi and upload there ;)

Hmm... :think: ha... wait till i more expert in this plugin first! ;p

yehosaphat said:

I'm not too familiar with Canon but here is an extract from the mannual.

"Note: Some cameras report different Model values in different regions of the world. In
you are using an Asian version of the Canon Digital Rebel, for instance, you might need
to edit the Model annotations in profiles that were created using the American version of
the same camera."

So you may have to edit the profile that you've downloaded in order to have it work properly. Nikon cameras do not have this problem as they have the same model number worldwide.

CIO said:
I'm not too familiar with Canon but here is an extract from the mannual.

"Note: Some cameras report different Model values in different regions of the world. In
you are using an Asian version of the Canon Digital Rebel, for instance, you might need
to edit the Model annotations in profiles that were created using the American version of
the same camera."

So you may have to edit the profile that you've downloaded in order to have it work properly. Nikon cameras do not have this problem as they have the same model number worldwide.
wow didn't know of that... all the while i thought the difference was only the name used

Status
Not open for further replies.