What printer do you use to print your photos?

What printer do you use?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

f55user

Feb 20, 2002
"You Are Here"
Visit site
Post your brands here... laserjet/dyesub also welcome! If not listed, just post with the brand.

I myself, use a HP 930C. I don't really care about the ink cost because I use a B/W laserjet to print everything else :D

Edited to include cost...
Epson Stylus Photo 2100 - cost £521.00
Ink Cartridges - £8.90 for Photo Black & Matte Black, £9.90 for Cyan, Light Cyan, Magenta, Light Magenta, Yellow & Light Black.
Total cartridges required - 7 (with either Photo Black or Matte Black)

When I bought my 930c, the printer itself was about $250.
Cartridges are $50 *each* for black and colour, but I don't worry about that too much because they last me an entire year (I've only had to change cartridges once so far in 1 year).

I don't buy the other brands because I print colour only once every few weeks/months, so the cartridges of Epson/Canon dry out even before I can use them (I owned a Canon BJC-600, BJC-4200 and an Epson Stylus Colour 400).

Nice thing about the HP cartridges is that they *never* dry out.

The HP gives really good printouts, period. :)

Hp print cartridge has expiry date. Once passed the date, got ink also have to throw.

Digital output:

Kodak Pegasus
Durst Lambda

via the prolab I use :devil:

Using HP Deskjet 970CXI Professional Series bought @ roughly 599 SGD... Ink @ 50+ SGD... This printer is quite good for me... i haven't changed the cartridge since last yr Jan. Use it most of the time to print Mobilephone Mini Posters... for my Shop last time. All the while using HP photo paper, glossy..quite good at printing pictures.:D :thumbsup:

use Epson Photo Stylus 875DC. Cost of printer:dunno:. Cost of ink catridge:dunno:. Ask the buyer.. which is, not me. hehe. I'm only the user and perhaps the spoiler, if anything.

Originally posted by kindred
Using HP Deskjet 970CXI Professional Series bought @ roughly 599 SGD... Ink @ 50+ SGD... This printer is quite good for me... i haven't changed the cartridge since last yr Jan. Use it most of the time to print Mobilephone Mini Posters... for my Shop last time. All the while using HP photo paper, glossy..quite good at printing pictures.:D :thumbsup:

Me using the same printer too!

Although I think the photo print quality isnt as good as the Epson Stylus 810 The ink cartridge lasts A LOT longer (altho its also more expensive -- abt 100 bucks for a set).

That said, at max print resolution and if printed on decent photographic paper, the prints are still pretty good!

Text printing is excellent esp with its double sided printing module attached!

Anyone has any comments abt the HP 5550? Price seems to have dropped 40 dollars down to 215

Tomshardware said it was a pretty gd printer with excellent prints

Expensive ink though

I bought my Canon S520 for $239. Came with a faulty unaligned print head, but was quickly fixed by their customer service staff. Extremely fast, virtually silent,with moderately good prints. Epson does produce better prints, but only slightly and they are much noisier and expensive to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.