What point and shoot camera to get

darkkaze

Jul 1, 2010
Hi I am kinda newbie here, I just got my D3100 today though.

Want to ask the guys here, can recommend me a good point and shoot camera.

Cause i am getting it for my wife this xmas.

My budget around $300 to $400 dollars. Can recommend me any good brands to start with.

Thank you all in advance

you want a camera with lots of features or a camera with very smart Auto function?

My budget around $300 to $400 dollars. Can recommend me any good brands to start with.

Thank you all in advance

if you don't mind getting a second hand. you can try lx3 or f200exr...

My wife prefers one with image stabilizer easy to use cause she isn't a IT fanatic so I want to get some easy to use for her. Any brands like canon or panasonic can recommend? Thank you

Hi thank you for the info but I would prefer a first hand one thanks alot

too bad no more the Panasonic LZ8 or LZ10 promo at $140-ish. An incredible bargain for a pns with manual functions and runs on AA.

dont think will see such a sale like it ever again.

Hi, S95 is small enough to put in handbag.

f80exr? those with manual mode. noise quite low. ;p

Powershot series. If you have budget, then S95.

Would recommend Canon 300 HS. very intelligent auto mode. very responsive for a point and shoot. brilliant colours. very good low light capability. good 2 stop IS capability. able to do good macro shots.

me also on the lookout for a compact as an xmas gift for wifey :p ( so i can use it )

Hi, For mankind, it is LX5; for womankind, it is S95

Thank you all in advance

I think ur wife will like something for the Sony cybershot series, somehow i just feel more targeted at ladies. check out the website for a good range listed suggested Price to suit ur budget http://www.sony.com.sg/productcategory/cybershot-digital-camera

But then I really love canon IXUS cameras, u can't go wrong with them. I have one IXUS 60 from 5 yrs back still working fine.

Last edited:
The IXUS 1000 HS looks pretty good as well. The slim factor will be a plus for my wife. The convenient 10x zoom is another..

I might just be getting one ..

Ryan