what photography magazines do you read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flambe

Apr 26, 2005
may I know what photo mags you read and why? looking for a good one - already subscribed to Pop Photo. Thanks!

"Popular Photography is to Photography as The Sound of Music is to Music"

Quote: Ted Orland

Petersen's Photographic magazine ;) S$9.82 from Kinokuniya

can u guys state the webby to the mags u read and think are good?

i read shutterbug, seems quite good. shutterbug.com
but im a newbie so dont take my word for it.

thomas.h said:
can u guys state the webby to the mags u read and think are good?

i read shutterbug, seems quite good. shutterbug.com
but im a newbie so dont take my word for it.
i prefer this mag - photography monthly.

www.photographymonthly.com

seldom nowadays but definitely shutterbug gets my vote, but most of them just try to sell you cameras, lenses, tripods and flashes....hahahah! have you ever seen a bad review in these magazines? :eek:

i dun really read photog mag... but more of fashion mags from taiwan and japan...
and not forgetting the female, cleo, fhm and newman mags...

cheers....

Used to get Practical Photography regularly but recently they've just been recycling features - every few issues you'll get a landscape special, a B&W special, travel special etc etc. It's still a good read for beginners like myself I suppose, but I just browse rather than buy nowadays.

What I hate is the price fixing of the magazines. Pract Photo for example is listed at about 3.50 pounds sterling, which is about Sing$10. But newstands sell for about $17, because that is what it would cost you to subscribe from the publishers themselves. I still prefer to buy from big shops like kino and borders, where you're free to browse freely without unfriendly stares and prices are sometimes cheaper too.

zoomo said:
Used to get Practical Photography regularly but recently they've just been recycling features - every few issues you'll get a landscape special, a B&W special, travel special etc etc. It's still a good read for beginners like myself I suppose, but I just browse rather than buy nowadays.

What I hate is the price fixing of the magazines. Pract Photo for example is listed at about 3.50 pounds sterling, which is about Sing$10. But newstands sell for about $17, because that is what it would cost you to subscribe from the publishers themselves. I still prefer to buy from big shops like kino and borders, where you're free to browse freely without unfriendly stares and prices are sometimes cheaper too.

Get Prac Photography from Basheer at Bras Brasah Complex 4th floor, they are selling it at $11.00 for each copy. I also get my American Photo there for $10 instead of $14 at most places. Think Photography Monthly going for $14.

Go for those hongkong photography magazine at bras brasah shop, not bad as there teach practical skill.

Wah, all subscribed to magazines wan ah. Me just taking Photoi Magazine for free once a month only le. Wanted to subscribed to some photography magazines but don't know which one. This thread should be good ;p

photoi and NGC and go library and read them all... lol... if i have the time la..

Guys,

Try subcribing online to Popular Photography and American Photo on their own website. It's dirt cheap. USD$12 thereabouts for 1 year sub.

Witness said:
i dun really read photog mag... but more of fashion mags from taiwan and japan...
and not forgetting the female, cleo, fhm and newman mags...

cheers....

Same here, Japanese magazines usually have very simple themes for their fashion shoots but they are very well executed. One of my favourite is Phat Photo. It's a whole magazine on how to take portraits of women in those pictorial styles. Have to give them credit for some really cool techniques and other related information.

kcajkcalb said:
Guys,

Try subcribing online to Popular Photography and American Photo on their own website. It's dirt cheap. USD$12 thereabouts for 1 year sub.
Got any URLs?

flambe said:
may I know what photo mags you read and why? looking for a good one - already subscribed to Pop Photo. Thanks!

What is your interest and objective in reading photo magazines?

Basically, I buy Lenswork and Black & White magazine. And occassionally American Photo. Photography monthly if there are articles that interest me

Status
Not open for further replies.