What other activities/hobbies to pick up in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroangel

Apr 23, 2005
Just been transferred back to singapore and finding it really bored over the weekends and at nite...and I am more into travel photography so dont really feel like shooting in singapore... anyways...wonder what are some of the hobbies/activites I can pick up over here that might just inject new breath into life back home?

I love outdoor sports like snorkelling, white water rafting etc but these activities which you can't do that regularly over here, requiring taking leave etc..

Besides the more common forms of sports like football, badminton, basketball etc, music lessons, martial arts, language lessons etc, any other suggestions?

go scuba diving! weekend trips to malaysia leave you feeling nice and refreshed with something to look forward to every week.

beware: do not combine photography and scuba diving. you may lose your home, car, wife, and even your dog.
((=

Just been transferred back to singapore and finding it really bored over the weekends and at nite...and I am more into travel photography so dont really feel like shooting in singapore... anyways...wonder what are some of the hobbies/activites I can pick up over here that might just inject new breath into life back home?

I love outdoor sports like snorkelling, white water rafting etc but these activities which you can't do that regularly over here, requiring taking leave etc..

Besides the more common forms of sports like football, badminton, basketball etc, music lessons, martial arts, language lessons etc, any other suggestions?

go pubs , pick up a few girls, then you will be very busy everyday.

do free TFCD for all the model wannabes. pay them for it.....sure got lots of people jump for the chance... ;)

Other suggestions,

1) volunteer and help out in social causes.
2) Scuba dive over weekends (no need to take leave...just zombified only
3) Join the local Community centre activities
4) run/ cycle/ walk/ etc
5) Join church/temple activities
6) Organise clubsnap outing

and many others. it really depends on what you like to do.

Well i will suggest Volunteer yourself to so many organisations working for Poor n needy.

so many old homes and orphanges : offer your time and skill's .

may be you teach to youth's some photography

upto you if you like doing social work.yeah thers's lots of scope.

cheers
Sudhir

try windsurfing!! =) at east coast park! but will require u to take the course first though =)

Eating - great facial exercise
Shopping - an all over great body experience

and if you like water - try surfing the internet

If you are the outdoors type, perhaps you can hook up with the Singapore Adventurers Club www.sac.org.

try exploring the parks in Singapore. Might keep you occupied for awhile, try upp seletar (check out the OCBC skybridge, etc), lower seletar, labrador, etc. Been doing that for the past few weeks.

BTW, what's wrong with doing travel photography in Singapore? Just imagine yourself going around Singapore shooting like you are travelling? Explore various places as if you have never been there before. Its like when you were first transferred overseas......

Best thing to waste time...........kopitiam in clubsnap...:bsmilie:

Oh well...I have decided to take up golf as a more serious hobby...just need to find the instructor right now to give me a beginner's course.

Other that tat...well...try to jog and swim more..movies and dinners with frds..PS the massive backlog of photos from my Europe/Jordan/NZ series...

Looks like my camera will be taking a long vacation till I actually have leave to take trips outta Singapore again...

Status
Not open for further replies.