What Olympics photographers carry

swampthing

Feb 26, 2003
Visit site
http://gizmodo.com/5476006/how-much...hotographer-have-to-haul-up-a-bigass-mountain

How Much Camera Gear Does an Olympics Photographer Have to Haul Up a Bigass Mountain?

Well, if you're sent by Getty Images, the standard issue kit contains: two Nikon D3ses, 24-70mm lens, 400mm lens, 500/600mm lens, 1.4x teleconverter, batteries and memory cards. And you get to haul all that up a mountain!

Basically, all of this stuff, plus two of those giant cameras up there. But on top of all the layers of clothing you have to wear, and you have to stand in place for hours and hours. What a blast!

Boy won't they just sink into the snow?

it just go to shows newer DSLRs are made to withstand cold temperature and newbies should stop asking: I am bring my precious DSLR to Korea/Japan/Europe during winter, will the cold spoil my DSLR? :bsmilie:

Its not really that bad...since the "mountain" venue usually has a ski elevator.

i agree on the summer olympics..most usually need a assistant/intern to carry the gear around.

Racing photography is probably the most physical demanding as may need to RUN here and there with the gears.