what office chair to recommend? and where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyfrog

Feb 4, 2009
have been working too much on the computer editting photos. :p back pain liao...

now, looking at a new comfy office chair.

anyone can recommend? (other than IKEA)

thanks for the help. :)

V

vince123123

Herman Millers are overpriced in my opinion. Try Benel instead. I got them for the office and they are good value for money. Not cheap, nor too expensive, but worth every cent.

happyfrog

Feb 4, 2009
Herman Millers are overpriced in my opinion. Try Benel instead. I got them for the office and they are good value for money. Not cheap, nor too expensive, but worth every cent.
may i know where can i get them? and what's the price range like? i'm interested in the high-back mesh chair. :)

V

vince123123

You can visit their showroom although you may need to make an appt in advance.

Benel Singapore Pte Ltd (199402433-Z)
59 Loyang Way Singapore 508750
Tel: (65) 6873 1118 Fax: (65) 6545 1118
Email: enquiry@benel.com.sg

My chair cost about S$400 i think; can't remember. THey have a wide range of prices and features. The more you pay, the better material you can get and hte more functions you get (super customisation of the chair to suit yoru body). Even mesh has different grades.

The range is very wide; so make an appt to go see. After you see the chair you like; you can ask the price; then they will tell you. If too high for you, then you can ask them what can be cut down to reduce the price of that chair. They will suggest things like change material, remove some functions etc.

may i know where can i get them? and what's the price range like? i'm interested in the high-back mesh chair. :)

happyfrog

Feb 4, 2009
You can visit their showroom although you may need to make an appt in advance.

Benel Singapore Pte Ltd (199402433-Z)
59 Loyang Way Singapore 508750
Tel: (65) 6873 1118 Fax: (65) 6545 1118
Email: enquiry@benel.com.sg

My chair cost about S$400 i think; can't remember. THey have a wide range of prices and features. The more you pay, the better material you can get and hte more functions you get (super customisation of the chair to suit yoru body). Even mesh has different grades.

The range is very wide; so make an appt to go see. After you see the chair you like; you can ask the price; then they will tell you. If too high for you, then you can ask them what can be cut down to reduce the price of that chair. They will suggest things like change material, remove some functions etc.
hmm.. seems very good! :) but loyang is a bit too far from my place. Thanks for the recommendation though. Will just drop by at v.hive first as they are more accessible. :)

V

vince123123

Vhive chairs aren't built as good; bought them before and the sponge seat deflated after a while hitting the metal below.

hmm.. seems very good! :) but loyang is a bit too far from my place. Thanks for the recommendation though. Will just drop by at v.hive first as they are more accessible. :)

happyfrog

Feb 4, 2009
Vhive chairs aren't built as good; bought them before and the sponge seat deflated after a while hitting the metal below.
wah! That bad?! then there's a cause for concern. Hmm... i know of someone who has this model below, and it seems quite comfy.

happyfrog

Feb 4, 2009
I think V.Hive is quite reasonably priced. I ordered mine already. :) okay quality, better than ikea definitely. they deliver and install for you.

ikea, i think u need to install urself at home and their chairs are more expensive too. i think it's not the place to buy office chairs. maybe other products are good for the money. :)

check out their website...

http://www.vhive.com.sg/listing.php?cat_p=1&cat_c=3&from=1

archlover

Nov 11, 2005
go for vitra...
they have showroom in central mall..

pchmj

Sep 8, 2005
V.hive is good, in price, range and quality. I got many furnitures from them, will check them out before any stores and usually will get what I want.

After sales service is excellent, bought a cupboard for a year and it start to grow mold, went to the outlet I bought from and tell them. Few days later, they deliver a brand new cupboard to exchange, no fuss, no extra cost. :thumbsup: Which furniture store will bother after 1 year?

The chair I'm sitting on got at least 8 years, those bungee chair, surprised it's still elastic, no deformation. Was told by salesman if it gets loose, just exchange the back part with the sitting part since it's fixed by screws.

Ikea? No thanks, most of their products can't last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom