What noise reduction/sharpening tools do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goering

Sep 5, 2003
Was wondering what noise reduction/sharpening tools do you use? Currently I have relied on freebies and for noise reduction, I'm using the freebie Helicon and for sharpening, plain old photoshop USM

However, I've come to "know" of several tools for sharpening and noise reduction that are likely superior in that they minimise halos, artefacts and retain details. For noise reduction, I've been recommended Noise Ninja, Neat Image and even FM's actions. For sharpening, FM actions

I was wondering if anyone has experience with good noise reduction / sharpening tools that make it worthwhile for me to shell out money for them? The FM actions in particular look attractive to me due to the low price and the fact that they are also tailored for certain models of cameras - Would be ideal if the tool includes both noise reduction and sharpening

goering said:
Was wondering what noise reduction/sharpening tools do you use? Currently I have relied on freebies and for noise reduction, I'm using the freebie Helicon and for sharpening, plain old photoshop USM

However, I've come to "know" of several tools for sharpening and noise reduction that are likely superior in that they minimise halos, artefacts and retain details. For noise reduction, I've been recommended Noise Ninja, Neat Image and even FM's actions. For sharpening, FM actions

I was wondering if anyone has experience with good noise reduction / sharpening tools that make it worthwhile for me to shell out money for them? The FM actions in particular look attractive to me due to the low price and the fact that they are also tailored for certain models of cameras - Would be ideal if the tool includes both noise reduction and sharpening
Well, Neat Image basic is FOC. There are limitations of course (see the website), but if you want it to test out how well it does or if you only expect occasional use, it should be fine. I'm not sure about NN, but they should have some demo or trial version...

As for sharpening, I have the FM tool. But the limitations irritates me, so I now go back to my own manual sharpening methods :p

Status
Not open for further replies.