What must i take note/bring when i bring my camera overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewant

Sep 1, 2007
Hi, i'm bringing my DSLR for a holiday and im curious if there's anything i must take note of or bring on the trip. wld there be fungus if i leave it in e hotel room at any time of e day? (eg, sleeping) And must i clean it if i come back from the beach? THANKS!! :)
suggestions are welcome :) :)

Maybe you may want to find out more on your destination (in terms of security esp. along the streets - e.g. snatch thieves).

Else there may not even be a cam for you to worry about (fungus, after going to the beach, etc).

As for the beach - maybe pop on a filter for your lens, makes it easier to clean (just a cheapo UV filter will do lar)...

heh. thnks loads XD

Hi, i'm bringing my DSLR for a holiday and im curious if there's anything i must take note of or bring on the trip. wld there be fungus if i leave it in e hotel room at any time of e day? (eg, sleeping) And must i clean it if i come back from the beach? THANKS!! :)

1) no, there will not be fungus, unless you have soaked it in a very humid environment hurhur.. short periods ok la

2) come back from beach - you might want to wipe the exterior down with a cloth, and cover the lens with any form of filter - preferably one which helps your shots in some way, if not uv will be great i suppose, i hear the saltwater is not very good for lens coatings, hurhur

anything you should take note of, my guess is do some research on what you might need and what you don't, don't just bring everything and use half of your equipment, lugging it around is fine and dandy but you feel really stupid when you only use half

if you are going to a not so safe place, keep your eyes open, normally people won't just strike on impulse, they will plan so beware of overly friendly/attentive strangers, etc, the usual la

my advice is to bring a tripod no matter what. god knows i regretted not bringing tripod for a few trips

1) no, there will not be fungus, unless you have soaked it in a very humid environment hurhur.. short periods ok la

2) come back from beach - you might want to wipe the exterior down with a cloth, and cover the lens with any form of filter - preferably one which helps your shots in some way, if not uv will be great i suppose, i hear the saltwater is not very good for lens coatings, hurhur

anything you should take note of, my guess is do some research on what you might need and what you don't, don't just bring everything and use half of your equipment, lugging it around is fine and dandy but you feel really stupid when you only use half

if you are going to a not so safe place, keep your eyes open, normally people won't just strike on impulse, they will plan so beware of overly friendly/attentive strangers, etc, the usual la

my advice is to bring a tripod no matter what. god knows i regretted not bringing tripod for a few trips

hey thanks loads man!! that wld help me alot in my planning and stuff :) thnks again! :)

don't forget to bring enough memory card and your charger. for your charger, remember to bring along an appropriate power socket adapter if you are travelling oversea.

if you are going to the beach, hope you can have a ultra super tele lens, there are always thing that you wouldn't want to miss.

cheers,

buy travel insurance from ntuc or aig just in case

be sure to bring some cleaning equipment, esp a blower to get rid of any sand.

i make it a point to clean my equipments at the end of every day.
Of course a quick cleaning on the go when necessary does not hurt.

If you forsee yourself needing to do alot of shots, an OTG harddisk might be a good investment.
There are of course other options like getting more cards, lug a laptop, local CD/DVD burning facilities...

Might sound really trivial and stupid but also remember to bring along adequate water for your shooting trips. I will always lug a 1.5L mineral bottle along

Ryan

buy travel insurance from ntuc or aig just in case

don't need la, not like he's going into antartica or what

normal trip only, travel insurance also limited coverage, i was looking at coverage for my own stuff then i realised the conditions are not that favourable, so might as well don't buy

just keep buying grey :bsmilie: then lost already won't be so heartpain

Status
Not open for further replies.