What Monopod should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smtan24

Dec 21, 2005
Tampines
Thinking of getting a Monopod. Probably a carbon fiber one. Any advise on what I should get?:dunno:

Think I saw one in the Classifieds... go take a look...

I'm thinking of getting the carbon fiber monopod from East Gear any good?

hmm... you should go for the one you like... the design... the grip... etc.... ;p

Reno said:
hmm... you should go for the one you like... the design... the grip... etc.... ;p

Hi reno what do you think the damage to my wallet might be. Looking for CF monopod. Maybe a ballhead.:dunno:

smtan24 said:
Hi reno what do you think the damage to my wallet might be. Looking for CF monopod. Maybe a ballhead.:dunno:
my fren gt an glitto mono for 300+...normal alu 1...haha...cf very big damage sia...:bsmilie:

dreamerz said:
my fren gt an glitto mono for 300+...normal alu 1...haha...cf very big damage sia...:bsmilie:

you're refering to kieth isit? get the most expensive one to your liking ^^

Eastgear Feisol CT-1401 Carbon Fibre Monopod going for SG139. How much for a cheap ballhead.:dunno:

I only use a aluminium mono that cost me only $70... you all go for CF... you all more rich than me eh... heheheee... take aluminium one.... can use as defence.....

I'll go to CP and see what they have.:think:

smtan24 said:
I'll go to CP and see what they have.:think:

First of all, what are you gonna load on it? How high do you need it to reach? And how small you want it packed down....

All these will help you identify which one you are looking for.

zac08 said:
First of all, what are you gonna load on it? How high do you need it to reach? And how small you want it packed down....

All these will help you identify which one you are looking for.

Well I'm using a Dynax 5D with flash and a Tokina 28-70mm. The weight should be 1.5kg. I think 1.4-1.5m should be OK. It shouldn't be too heavy under 1kg.

I dunno.. i just ordered the Benro one... which i heard is cheap n not bad... can consider.. there is a MO for it going on NOW! haha

my next consideration... wat head to get? ball or 3 way?

How much for a cheap Benro ballhead?:dunno:

smtan24 said:
How much for a cheap Benro ballhead?:dunno:

You're just waiting for ppl to spoon feed you here... go do your own research. The prices are all around in the forum, just do a simple search lah...

And if you are just using the monopod to stabilise single plane shots, why do you need a ball head to add extra weight to your monopod?? A simpler tilt head would suffice...

zac08 said:
You're just waiting for ppl to spoon feed you here... go do your own research. The prices are all around in the forum, just do a simple search lah...

And if you are just using the monopod to stabilise single plane shots, why do you need a ball head to add extra weight to your monopod?? A simpler tilt head would suffice...

Firstly I did do a search and they all seem to be above SGD100. I'm actual looking for the PH-18 which seems to be going for SGD 85.

Yes I'm using it in a single plane stabilzation but nobody holds a monopod vertically but tilted for satbilation.

longkangman said:
check jack006 see if he can get cheap CF pod for you.

longkangman said:
check jack006 see if he can get cheap CF pod for you.
:thumbsup:

I'm getting tripod from him :D

Status
Not open for further replies.