what makes a perfect picture...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ary46

Jul 13, 2008
What makes a perfect picture?? izit the lighting, contrast, subject or sharpness?

A subject may yield many different outcomes depending on the composition/angle. Heck, you can even make a pretty gal appear masculine through angles or really beautiful (trust me, I've tried it!). So big part would be angles.

a perfect hindsight.:think::think:

perfect is such a dynamic word.
different people like different things.

velasco
Re: what makes a perfect picture...
nothing is perfect in this world

exactly. nothing is perfect.

good question.

the time now is 0220. jus back from shooting.

very happy day for me. cus, after 15 hrs of slogging at work, i still managed enough energy to cycle while holding my very heavy manfrotto 055.

at 0133, i nailed this shot.

is it perfect?

nah. all the flare, failure to get a perfect circle. blown high lights... ...

but after all the mosquito bites and nagging from mother and wife, this pic is as perfect as can be for now.

perhaps, perfection is a state of mind.

perhaps, i am too tired to think critically.

Copy_of_MG_6483.JPG

Last edited:
What makes a perfect picture?? izit the lighting, contrast, subject or sharpness?

what do you hope to gain from asking that question? :think:

but anywais, answering it, it can be all of the quailties you said, or sometimes, none at all :)

Attap :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: how do u do the circular unique lighting. Can you share with me.

Andimaric@gmail.com

Attap,how do u do the circular unique lighting. Can you share with me.

looks to me like he took a long exposure of a construction crane swinging its boom :think:
The rings of light are the spotlights along boom

am i right?

a really amazing shot btw :thumbsup: I would have like it if the fg was less cluttered , but i guess you wanted the sign to be in the frame too =P great concept anyway!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Good composition and paying attention to technicalities like the few you mentioned.

Also note that beauty can be subjective

Ryan

Last edited:
every photo does have a content, a theme, a subject, a story or whatever you call it.

and we use whatever we learn from photography to enhance, focus attention, on what we want viewers to see inside the photo.

without a content, theme, subject or story, a photo can never be perfect even it is technically correct, with great lighting, nice composition or whatsoever.

Last edited:
there is no perfect picture;

but we can always try to get as close to perfection as possible -

"That's the terrible thing: the more one works on a picture, the more impossible it becomes to finish it." - Alberto Giacometti

I think L lens of the white kind makes a perfect picture. :)

Dangerous statement!
All the other brand users will start to dispute again ;p

To me a perfect picture is one that represents the story you want to tell or the theme.
In addition to the usual rule of 3rd... horizon straight...

hmm is there such a thing as "A Perfect Picture"?
How do you define a perfect picture

looks to me like he took a long exposure of a construction crane swinging its boom :think:
The rings of light are the spotlights along boom

am i right?

a really amazing shot btw :thumbsup: I would have like it if the fg was less cluttered , but i guess you wanted the sign to be in the frame too =P great concept anyway!:thumbsup:

rite, its a tower crane.

with regard to the foreground, its my experience that for wide angle shot, if there is some element in the FG, the pic will look more balanced. else, kind of empty and lopsided.

since it was laying concrete (i suppose), the archs were very narrow. then everything came to a standstill for 30 min. i waited, jus to see wats next. then it happened, the operator was knocking off. and the crane swung 180 degree to its resting place.

its a lucky shot.

only one chance, and the arc didnt go out of the pic.

Last edited:
hmm is there such a thing as "A Perfect Picture"?
How do you define a perfect picture
a photo which become an icon, a photo you will not be get bore seeing it even it is taken many years ago.

you can find tons of the perfect picture in the internet, surprisingly, many of them are not technically perfect.

like this one, her face is so dirty. and this one, he don't even smiling.

and this one, photo is not very sharp.

a photo which become an icon, a photo you will not be get bore seeing it even it is taken many years ago.

you can find tons of the perfect picture in the internet, surprisingly, many of them are not technically perfect.

like this one, her face is so dirty. and this

this reminds me of someone in CS:sweat:

what I'm trying tell people is that a photo without content, regardless how much effect a photographer put in to make it technically perfect, it is still worthless.

just like a pile of crap, even the photographer shoot it with a Linhof 8x10 view camera, Kodak finest grain Ektachrome pro film, schneider lens, with nice mood lighting set up using broncolor flash, printed on wall mural size print, it is still a photo of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.