What macro len best for D50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey91

Jan 1, 2006
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
hi, i'm a newbie here,want to try macro shoot..
wat macro len u hv to use?? any recommend??
60mm, 105mm, 80-180mm??how abt performance??:confused: :confused:
are urs think prime macro len are better, cos invest n perfomance??

joey91 said:
hi, i'm a newbie here,want to try macro shoot..
wat macro len u hv to use?? any recommend??
60mm, 105mm, 80-180mm??how abt performance??:confused: :confused:
are urs think prime macro len are better, cos invest n perfomance??
depends on what macro you wanna shoot..

if insects and crippy crawlies, then I suggest you get a long reach macro lens - nikon 105 macro is :thumbsup:

if static objects, then nikon 60mm is more than enough..

else if you wanna a cheaper 3rd party macro lens - Tamron 90mm DI is :thumbsup: else get the nikon 50/f1.8 with a reverse ring

200 f/4 Micro BBB MTL, buy first talk later :thumbsup:

alechim said:
depends on what macro you wanna shoot..

if insects and crippy crawlies, then I suggest you get a long reach macro lens - nikon 105 macro is :thumbsup:

if static objects, then nikon 60mm is more than enough..

else if you wanna a cheaper 3rd party macro lens - Tamron 90mm DI is :thumbsup: else get the nikon 50/f1.8 with a reverse ring

thanks.. will consider 105mm nikon macro..:D

espn said:
200 f/4 Micro BBB MTL, buy first talk later :thumbsup:
sorry , i dun get ur mean 'BBB MTL',can u explain... :embrass:

joey91 said:
thanks.. will consider 105mm nikon macro..:D

sorry , i dun get ur mean 'BBB MTL',can u explain... :embrass:

Just bought mine on Tues (105mm) from CP at $990 via Net. Very good len :thumbsup:

BBB = Buy Buy Buy
MTL = don't wait any longer

Nikkor 105, longer working distance, suitable for macro and portrait..

thanks starlet n iso100...$990...
woah...:sweatsm: now still save $$,hehe...survey 1st..

joey91 said:

see wat alechim said earlier... if u know wat u want to shoot most of the time, u'll know wat is the range to buy.

there's another tamron dat alechim missed out - the 180mm Macro. one of the fav lenses for butterfly shooters.

joey91 said:
U can buy second hand here, I remember someone is selling a Nikon AFD105micro.

nightwolf75 said:
see wat alechim said earlier... if u know wat u want to shoot most of the time, u'll know wat is the range to buy.

there's another tamron dat alechim missed out - the 180mm Macro. one of the fav lenses for butterfly shooters.
oh that 1...yeah missed out that 1, all drawns down to her recommend lor and the most important budget

alechim said:
oh that 1...yeah missed out that 1, all drawns down to her recommend lor and the most important budget
200 f/4. Bagus piece of glass.... but rare and hard to find.

i think i wish to hv a macro len for capture flowers n also the cutie anime figure:p cos they are all small size... hehehe..
105mm nikon macro len think is the best choice...:D
other choice like 70-180 ,200mm, will consider after hv a 105mm gua...
just think use nikon lens is better !! thanks ur guy comment to me... :bigeyes:

joey91 said:
i think i wish to hv a macro len for capture flowers n also the cutie anime figure:p cos they are all small size... hehehe..

Checkout : http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=150174

joey91 said:
Can't have one lens for both. Usually it would be useful to have a longer lens if you shoot micro for nature like flowers because you may not reach so close. But when shooting figurines, I am sure you won't want to stand so far away.

I would recommend the AF-Micro 60/2.8. It will be easier for you to work with the figurines with a shorter working distance. You can also shoot nature with it, only that you may need to move closer for a higher magnification.

At the end of the day, it might be good to take a look through both and decide which one can give you a working distance you would be comfortable with.

lsisaxon said:
Can't have one lens for both. Usually it would be useful to have a longer lens if you shoot micro for nature like flowers because you may not reach so close. But when shooting figurines, I am sure you won't want to stand so far away.

I would recommend the AF-Micro 60/2.8. It will be easier for you to work with the figurines with a shorter working distance. You can also shoot nature with it, only that you may need to move closer for a higher magnification.

At the end of the day, it might be good to take a look through both and decide which one can give you a working distance you would be comfortable with.

i understand wat u mean ,n agree !!
or maybe buy 60mm nikon , then buy teleconverter,then ma become 120mm lor!! can do like tat??:think:

joey91 said:
i understand wat u mean ,n agree !!
or maybe buy 60mm nikon , then buy teleconverter,then ma become 120mm lor!! can do like tat??:think:
You can't stack TCs on Micro glasses...

espn said:
You can't stack TCs on Micro glasses...

:embrass: :embrass: hehe... so maybe buy the 60mm nikon 1st lor... then now consider 105mm nikon...

thanks espn comment to me!!:embrass:

Eh... they serve different purpose and different market segment, they don't achieve the same results/usage, you sure you need both? :dunno:

Of course, when in doubt, just buy both :lovegrin:

another choice is the new tokina AT-X AF100mm/f2.8 macro lens. currently CP is having some promo on the lens, retailing ard $550 with freebies, IIRC.

the latest review i read from shutterbug magazine gave it a 4.5/5 rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.