What lenses don you bring with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That still depends on what you intend or prefer to shoot during your "general outdoor shooting". It also depends how much equipment you're willing to lug around. My friend likes to bring his Pentax *istDS with only 1 prime lens or at most 2. I like to bring 1 WA zoom or prime, 28-75mm and either my 70-200mm or 135mm for long range portraits/candids. I also bring my flash in case.

Quote from Ralph Gibson:

"I have used the 50mm lens exclusively for several years".

Ralph Gibson does general outdoor photography as well as portraits, landscape, etc.

He is acknowledged as a living photography legend.

When one read the posts here, one often find the asserrtion that "It is not the equipment, but the photographer. It is the vision that matters"

Most CSers have more equipment than what Ralph Gibson owns. When Ralph changes lens, it is changing one 50mm lens for another 50mm lens.

Always:

1) 50/1.4

Frequently also, either:

24-85/3.5-4.5 or 10-22/3.5-4.5 EF-S

And:

Metz 34 AF3 flash (nice and compact)

actually this 1 like meant for Drudkh to reply only... eh Don u bring wat lens with you? ;p

interpret another way... i DUN bring my 50-500, lensbaby, 70-300 out normally... prefer my 17-35, 28-75, 50mm...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
actually this 1 like meant for Drudkh to reply only... eh Don u bring wat lens with you? ;p

interpret another way... i DUN bring my 50-500, lensbaby, 70-300 out normally... prefer my 17-35, 28-75, 50mm...

Harhar. I was going to say the same thing too.

For me I my primary lens is a 24-85. I bring along a 50mm and 17mm.. just in case I need it. Actually my primary lens now is a 3x zoom.. on my Fuji F10. Havent touched my Dynax 7 for the last 2 mths since I got the fuji.

student said:
Quote from Ralph Gibson:

Ralph Gibson does general outdoor photography as well as portraits, landscape, etc.

I've also heard of one well-known photographer long time ago who had only 1 manual film camera and one 50mm lens. nothing else, not even flash..

+evenstar said:
I've also heard of one well-known photographer long time ago who had only 1 manual film camera and one 50mm lens. nothing else, not even flash..

Cooooool.....DUDE! :sweat:

+evenstar said:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

I only got my 28-80mm & 100-300mm USM lens. My Vivitar 28-210mm spoilt. :cry:

I ususally shoot with one lense for sometime.
I'm still working on getting the view of my 35/f2 into my mind.

Happy shooting

+evenstar said:

Henri Cartier Bresson.........

student said:
Quote from Ralph Gibson:

Extract from EF Lens Work III, p56:

"Photographs taken with a standard lens [50mm] have a natural angle of view and an undistorted feeling of distance. And because the lens has about the same angle of view as the human eye, it demands much more from the photographer..a 50mm is the one lens that puts all the photographer's skills to the test."

Sorry, but I've been pouring over the book since I've got my hands on it 2 days before, and just I need to share some of my new-found knowledge (about what is inside the book, not the fact that I got the book :p)...haha...

Now I have a new-found respect for photographers who exclusively use the 50mm lens...kudos...:thumbsup:

Anyway, back to the topic, usually it's my Tamron 24-135mm that gets its way into the bag, with the 18-55mm kit lens for wide-angle emergenices...

Hmm... 17-40 is always mounted on my cam. 28-105 is a 'juz there' thing in case I need to get the reach. :)

my preference is 24-70mm or the 16-35mm lens

Status
Not open for further replies.