What Lenses die die must get for D70

Status
Not open for further replies.

teckiepc

Jun 16, 2004
what are the lenses that you die die must have.
And heard that the sigma lens got coating problem? They tend to drop out? howz about tokina and tamron? or any other cheaper alternatives to nikkor lenses.

any place that sells the d70 with monthly insallment option other than best denki / harvey norman.

thanks for the patience! :cool:

Die die must get Nikon mount lenses.

yes... Nikkor ED AFS F2.8 70-200 =X
ED AF- F1.8 50mm =X
ED AF 18-22mm =X <==4got the focal length...

last but not least AFS F2.8 600 !!! :bsmilie: kidding la.... relax !!!! ahhaah.. kidding... kit lens can le.. and some mid-range 70-200mm can le.. den add another 50mm should be able to cover most ranges... and the kit lens should come in handy..... muhahahahahhahahahahah thats wad i think lo... :bsmilie:

teckiepc said:
And heard that the sigma lens got coating problem? They tend to drop out? howz about tokina and tamron? or any other cheaper alternatives to nikkor lenses.

any place that sells the d70 with monthly insallment option other than best denki / harvey norman.

The lens die die must have would be the lens you require for whatever you shoot. So ask yourself, what do you shoot?

If you really want to know...

AF-S 17-35 f/2.8
AF-S 28-70 f/2.8
AF-S 70/80-200 f/2.8

But do you need them? These will cover your entire needs, but they'll deplete your accounts VERY dry.

Paraphrasing Kit: It's what you shoot that determines your equipment, not your equipment that determines what you shoot. Think.

there's no such thing as a "die die" must get lens. Kit is right, you gotta ask what you wanna shoot. landscape shooters go for ultra-wides usually, nature shooters go for super-telezooms.

can try the 18-70 kit lens first

teckiepc said:

Die die must practice wat u like to take and then must get the die die must get lens for the type of photography u die die like!

teckiepc said:

frankly the kit lens would suit most people's needs just fine. you get afs and if capability which would spoil u for other lenses and u get a nice wide angle capability. imho, the 18-70 (actually its 28-105 after magnification ratio) is an ideal range for a one-lens kit.

if you are a low-light/existing light shooter, might want some faster lenses like the constant aperture f2.8s or the nicely priced 50mm 1.8. if u want to "shoot bird" or other subjects that are difficult to get close to, lions for example, get a zoom up to 300mm e.g. 70-200, 70-210, 75-300, 70-300.... if you like to shoot macro or close-in types of shots e.g. flowers, butterfly, aquarium fish, get a macro lens e.g. 105 micro-nikkor, sigma 105 ex, tamron 90mm. some people like lenses like the sigma 70-300 apo super macro that can do double duty for zoom and macro. any of the lenses mentioned above would do nicely for portrait work as well depending on your style of shooting...

thanks everyone for your contributions! :D
but then got some ppl say the kit lens can only go up to f 3.4 or something like that and then say best to get f2.4 and up, but then these lenses from nikon super EXPENSIVE leh! something like $2000 and up! so how? :confused:

i guess for me would be more interested in shooting people and wildlife. friends tell me to go for 70 - 200, can get the blurry background that magazines always use kind, heh heh but then the nikon very EXPENSIVE, saw a sigma one tht seems quite affordable, but heard that the coating can drop off, how true? what's your take? ;p

once again, thanks for the feedback! :D

teckiepc said:
thanks everyone for your contributions! :D
but then got some ppl say the kit lens can only go up to f 3.4 or something like that and then say best to get f2.4 and up, but then these lenses from nikon super EXPENSIVE leh! something like $2000 and up! so how? :confused:

i guess for me would be more interested in shooting people and wildlife. friends tell me to go for 70 - 200, can get the blurry background that magazines always use kind, heh heh but then the nikon very EXPENSIVE, saw a sigma one tht seems quite affordable, but heard that the coating can drop off, how true? what's your take? ;p

brother... what were you thinking is lens coating?

it's the barrel paintwork that is PRONE to WEAR off

dunno leh! my friend owned one previously, and said the lens coating flaked off, like those multi coat glasses! sometimes can see patches of missing coating! :what:

Die Die must have for a nikon D70:- the 17-55mm DX.

went to play with a D70 at best denki the other day. the kit lens cannot make it. not enough detail for my taste. same experience with F80 kit lens (28-85G), very crappy.

a little relief is that D70 kit lens is a little better than 300D kit lens. also went to try it & found out its totally not sharp & very lacking in details (both AF & MF mode).

brother, kit lens r really meant for entry starter kit. u want a good pc of glass, u need to pay a premium.

to pay or not to pay? that is the question... :) :thumbsup:

some people follow the doctrine of Pay And Pay. ;p get it?

teckiepc said:

a lot depends on what you could afford and how much you can carry. constant f2.8 zoom lenses are generally heavy. 200mm is also not long enough for wildlife.

an affordable, light and good quality alternative to start off with is the Sigma 70-300 f4-5.6 APO Super Macro II. below are some pics that I've taken with the lens (Canon version):
http://mpenza.clubsnap.org/gallery/paragon03-1
http://mpenza.clubsnap.org/gallery/teens2003

nightpiper said:
Die Die must have for a nikon D70:- the 17-55mm DX.

went to play with a D70 at best denki the other day. the kit lens cannot make it. not enough detail for my taste. same experience with F80 kit lens (28-85G), very crappy.

a little relief is that D70 kit lens is a little better than 300D kit lens. also went to try it & found out its totally not sharp & very lacking in details (both AF & MF mode).

brother, kit lens r really meant for entry starter kit. u want a good pc of glass, u need to pay a premium.

to pay or not to pay? that is the question... :) :thumbsup:

some people follow the doctrine of Pay And Pay. ;p get it?

i guess those don't have to worry bout the mullah! :bsmilie:
but then i have to leh! so i need to get the "pi and chi" kind of lenses. sigh! to hve an endless supply of $ that would be dream! :cry:

mpenza said:
a lot depends on what you could afford and how much you can carry. constant f2.8 zoom lenses are generally heavy. 200mm is also not long enough for wildlife.

an affordable, light and good quality alternative to start off with is the Sigma 70-300 f4-5.6 APO Super Macro II. below are some pics that I've taken with the lens (Canon version):
http://mpenza.clubsnap.org/gallery/paragon03-1
http://mpenza.clubsnap.org/gallery/teens2003

nice pics! ;) any problems with the sigma? how long have u had it? saw it on the web going for about US$300, is that true? how much did you pay for it! :think:

carrying stuff for me is all right, i personally work as a video cameraman and am currently using those professional cams that weighs about 7 - 9 kg and rest on shoulder. and recently have been tripsing round the sarawak jungles and such with it! (not forgetting those big tripods for the cam, so all in about 15kgs) :D but then some ppl will say why you talking about still potoraphy as if you are a beginner, well, I AM!&#12288;&#65366;&#65353;&#65348;&#65349;&#65359;&#12288;&#65353;&#65363;&#12288;&#65366;&#65349;&#65362;&#65369;&#12288;&#65348;&#65353;&#65350;&#65350;&#65349;&#65362;&#65349;&#65358;&#65364;&#12288;&#65350;&#65362;&#65359;&#65357;&#12288;&#65363;&#65364;&#65353;&#65356;&#65356;&#12288;&#65360;&#65352;&#65359;&#65364;&#65359;&#65351;&#65362;&#65345;&#65360;&#65352;&#65369;&#65292;&#12288;still photograpy for me is a different ball game! :D

thanks :) the sigma lens I mentioned is selling for around S$340... you could get it from places like The Camera Workshop, Alan Photo and MS Color.

mpenza said:
thanks :) the sigma lens I mentioned is selling for around S$340... you could get it from places like The Camera Workshop, Alan Photo and MS Color.

WOW! :eek: that's really reasonable! seems like really good deal!

any experience with tokina or tamron?

Status
Not open for further replies.