What lens to use for MILK Run-6 Jul 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

trident

Apr 24, 2007
Hi,
My company is taking part in the coming MILK Run and I was asked to help cover the event.
As I have not done this type of event before, I would like to know what lens is best to cover this event. I am using Canon 20D.
Link to their home page http://www.milkrun.sg/
Thanks in advance.
Richard

anyone?
I was thinking of either the Tamron 17-50 or Canon 24-105.

yes Tamron 17-50 f2.8 is a good lens to shoot this event with. The focal range seems about right.

If you take at full resolution, you would probably be able to crop tightly around an individual's face (eg someone prominent) and still make a good 4R print from that image.
I doubt you'll want to carry along some telephoto prime lens like those sports photographers use... :)

Just enjoy the event! :) People generally like to see those candid shots at these sorts of events.

I would say EF 24-105 F4 L IS.
You 24mm on 1.6x body is 38mm...Normal wide angle...:think:
And 105mm on 1.6x body = 168mm you get more reach...:)

A good walk around event lens during day shoot...;)

hello, I will be shooting there on that day too. I volunteered to be photographer for that event. We could probably meet on that day. I am using a D80 with 15-30mm sigma and a D70 with a 70-200mm sigma.. It helps me to cover the various range to get all the different shots.

ZerocoolAstra, Goldenstars08,
Thanks for the reply. Most probaly will have to go with the Canon 24-105mm as the Tammy 17-50 is not available.
Problem is I don't have these lens, need to borrow or rent it. :)
k9sparx,
sure hope can meet you there. you are one of the official photographers?
will be on the look out for a 2 camera photog :)
I am with my company for the event at 4.15pm. Community Run
Richard

I don't count myself professional enough to be called the "official" photographer. I still student, volunteering as part of my school's CIP event through my school's photography club. When they say you the "official" photographer, got a lot of pressure, all the standard shots must take properly. So, I still better off with amatuer photographer but keen to learn just don't expect too much ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.