what lens to buy for new comer?

sant2

May 19, 2011
hi just wounder what lens should i buy to shoot a flower,places,people and etc i using a canon 550d with kit lens 18 55 what should i get next thanx....

hi just wounder what lens should i buy to shoot a flower,places,people and etc i using a canon 550d with kit lens 18 55 what should i get next thanx....

You should stick with your 18-55mm until you find yourself good enough to upgrade. actually 18-55mm is a good enough lens for most purposes. And since you do not yet know what you really want bcos from the description you have given, it practically cover too wide an area and it only show that you are not sure of your own needs and wants yet.

dont buy any! just keep shooting till your ready to upgrade or really know what you want to shoot then decide =D

thanx for the reply,some people say that i should get temron 17 50?and sell my kit lens it it??

sant2 said:
thanx for the reply,some people say that i should get temron 17 50?and sell my kit lens it it??

Go for Sigma if u really want to upgrade.

thanx bro.

they are basically the same focal length.. my advice is not to buy anything yet until you know what type of photography you are more into.. and even then, you may or may not need to upgrade, cus the kit lens is a very versatile lens, that's why it's bundled as kit lens, for versatility, so that those who just got into photography can find it easier to use..

Perhaps a telephone zoom like 55-200 will be useful to complement your 18-55

The 50 1.8 is also a good and cheap option to go for portraits

You will not really notice a difference between the 2 as you don't understand what the benefit of the tamron is. Improve yourself first, then improve your gear.

thanx for all the support will take the advice and start shoot with the lens that i had in hand thanx again.... :)

thanx for all the support will take the advice and start shoot with the lens that i had in hand thanx again.... :)

That's a sound decision. When you learn more about what the 18-55 can do and cannot do, then you will know what you should get next ... if there is a need to. Along the way, you will learn your style of photography and what you like to shoot. That will aid your next buying decision. Don't buy just for the urge of buying or whatever people tell you to buy. Enjoy shooting! :)

Berkins said:
Perhaps a telephone zoom like 55-200 will be useful to complement your 18-55

Woah. Hehehehe. :)